Author Topic: Won't hold his own chews!  (Read 471 times)

Offline Marialh

Won't hold his own chews!
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »
Bracken had a lovely beef bone the other day and he's lying on the floor his two front paws spread as wide apart as possible!

Does anyone else's dog do this? He just won't hold his own chews or bones, he brings them to someone else to get greasy, slippery fingers whilst he keeps his (less than dainty) paws clean  :005:

Tell me it's a cocker thing!

Offline Trixie780

• Tucker - April 2009
Re: Won't hold his own chews!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 01:48:56 AM »
Tucker is the same!  He will hold them with a death grip if he thinks it's going to get taken away but otherwise he keeps poking it at us until we grab one end and he happily sits and chews the other end. It doesn't seem to be a reluctance to get his paws dirty (as he will if no other option is available) but rather his way of being right in the thick of things.  He doesn't play well on his own either......always pushing his balls, kongs, and stuffies at us until we tug or throw or just pat him as he gnaws away.   :005:  Definitely a pup that likes to be with us ALL of the time.  Literally.    ph34r
Draper....July 1997 - May 2009.....Missed always

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:29:44 AM »
Lady is 'holder' ..... grabs whatever treat she has at the time with both paws and holds it tight while she's chewing at it!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:53:09 AM »
William is another one. He likes somebody to hold things while he chews them. Trouble is, I can't do that any more now I've got Louis unless I shut Louis out in the garden for a while. Otherwise he barges in, pushes poor William about and steals from him.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 11:32:27 AM »
Not a problem Maggie has.... quite the opposite - she holds everything in her paws! Its a standing joke amongst my friends who say she's like a little monkey they way she holds on to things as if her life depends on it  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown