Author Topic: Feeding raw to an epileptic  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Turnwood11

Feeding raw to an epileptic
« on: June 29, 2019, 07:34:57 PM »
Hi all

I was wondered if anyone had experience of feeding raw to an epileptic?  My boy was on McAdams chicken kibble but the canine epilepsy society suggested he be placed on Chappie with some wholemeal biscuit.  My boys loves it (for now as he’s fussy) but I’m actually a little worried about the long term effect it’ll have on his health especially as he’s nearing 8 and it contains no added minerals for ageing joints!  Finlay isn’t on medication so does diet play that much of a part in controlling seizures? 

Thanks in advance!!

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Feeding raw to an epileptic
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 08:58:29 PM »
Hi, I have no experience of canine epilepsy fortunately, what I wanted to say is that Daisy is on Honey's RAW - https://honeysrealdogfood.com/ They offer a helpline even if you are not a customer.  I have found them very good over the years, I used them for previous dogs and have always been happy with the information.  It can't hurt to ask the question.  I hope you can get things under control. 

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
Re: Feeding raw to an epileptic
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 08:16:40 PM »
If you search on facebook there are some UK raw food groups for advice, also one called Canine Health Concern that I have found invaluable.