Author Topic: Tails.Com any good?  (Read 3629 times)

Offline ziglu

Tails.Com any good?
« on: January 02, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »
Hi all our Cocker Lulu is 10 this year and is driving us crazy regarding food, we are wasting ££££ because we buy food wet or dry and the first few days she will wuf it down, but from then on she will not touch it. If we use a topper for the dry food she will sort it out and leave the rest. I have seen the advert for Tails.Com and am thinking about trying them but on looking at the website I came across the bad reviews so was just wondering has anyone here had good or bad experiences with them. Or more to the point any idea what to give a fussy Cocker.......Thanks

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Tails.Com any good?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 06:48:54 PM »
I feel your frustration, feeding these fussy little tykes can be a bit of a minefield. Do Tails do wet as well as dry? - mine prefer wet food maybe yours is telling you the same if he is licking off the wet and leaving the dry.

I know Fish4Dogs have a policy where if you buy a 1.5kg bag and your dog does not like it you can apply for a refund, here are the details.

https://www.fish4dogs.com/extrabenefits/no-quibble-kibble.aspx
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ziglu

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 07:36:26 PM »
Wet or Dry she is the same loves it for a few days and then will not touch it. When ever we try dry she will eat it with any sort of fish mixed with it but still sorts some of the dry bits out. I will look into Fish for dogs.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 10:21:48 AM »
Wet or Dry she is the same loves it for a few days and then will not touch it. When ever we try dry she will eat it with any sort of fish mixed with it but still sorts some of the dry bits out. I will look into Fish for dogs.

Maybe an idea, Fish4Dogs do wet food too, maybe you could mix wet and dry of those?
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Ambler54

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 08:24:34 PM »
Have you thought of making your own topping for the dry food.Rosie has dry kibble but once a week I buy turkey mince or cheap white fish, chop up carrots , sweetpotato, butternut squash broccoli peas...in fact what ever veg I have....cook veg in a little water, add meat/ fish..cook ..then freeze in tubs along with the cooking juices.Just defrost and heat up enough to go on Her kibble along with some of the juice to make a gravy.....so the kibble soaks up some of the juice.....takes no time at all.Occasionally we use bought wet food just to ring the changes.And its cheap..probably under £ 5 for enough for a week and we use less kibble.(Not sure I would want to do it if I had a few dogs though.)Means Rosie have a variation of diet.

Offline Saffronmac

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 04:41:02 PM »
I haven't personally used tails but I have heard good things from other dog owners. A friend of mine own a very fussy eater and she's had great success ordering from Butternut box. I think they do tailored wet food pouches. Also making different toppers sounds like a great idea. Maybe a little tuna or sardines would be tempting. Good luck, I hope you find something.