Author Topic: Amount/number of poos your dog produces!!  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Amount/number of poos your dog produces!!
« on: January 15, 2011, 03:30:22 PM »
Apologies in advance for the grossness of the subject but I've just been reading about how different types of food dictates how much comes out the other end :shades:

Odie is fed on CSJ Champ! and is thriving on it.  He does however do 3 (occasionally 4) good sized poos a day.  I have read that some of your dogs are producing very little poos and only once/twice a day. 

Which food, in your opinion, produces the smallest amount of waste at the other end?  Lesley  ;)
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Amount/number of poos your dog produces!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »
Raw for sure!  Kali is on Barking Heads with a small amount of Lily's Kitchen which are really good quality foods and she goes twice a day, medium size poops.  Lyla is raw fed and she usually goes just once a day and that is only a tiny amount.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:42:15 PM »
Same here Selby is on Raw and will poo only once a day, but when I had flu over Christmas he had to have CJS kibble and the occassional tin and he went evertime he went outside. :huh: needed plenty of bags!!!!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
William and Louis are raw fed on Natural Instinct, but have chicken wings or heart once or twice a week instead. They get treats like gravy bones and markies as well, so there's a bit of processed food in their diet, but it's mainly raw.

They usually poo twice a day, small but perfectly formed :005: and easy to pick up :D

Offline JilHal

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »
My two are on Hills Dry Food and go twice a day and are a nice small size.

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »
Mine pooed much less, smaller and firmer when on Burns  ;)

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 03:47:42 PM »
Raw, and whilst we're on the subject it doesn't smell half as bad either ph34r
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »
OK so raw seems to produce little waste, have to admit I'm still not brave enough to give it a go ph34r  The trouble is, I'm consistent with Odie's diet but some days his poo will just come out in dribs and drabs which is impossible to clean up after (especially out and about).   Of course, it does help that he is still spreading the darn stuff all over instead of just squatting in one place and getting on with it :005:

Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »
it depends wholly on how much exercise Jarv has - he is fed 1/2 kibble (morning) and 1/2 raw (evening).

on average on his morning walk he will poo once or twice, and on his afternoon walk once, and it's obvious which one is a raw diet poo   :lol2:

if we take him for a loooong walk he can poo up to 6 times, each progressively runnier - we call that a colon cleanse  ph34r
helen & jarvis x

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 04:11:39 PM »
on average on his morning walk he will poo once or twice, and on his afternoon walk once, and it's obvious which one is a raw diet poo   :lol2:

Yes I've noticed that as well with my lot.

Lexi is on completely raw and I'm lucky if she poops once a day and then they are tiny.

We've just switched back to Arden Grange  (as CSJ Lamb & Rice didn't seem to suit Ellie), and with that the other 3 seem to poop up to 4 times a day.  Once first thing in the morning, once on their walk, once after tea, hardly ever on evening walk and then once before bedtime.  Roly will definitely poop more than the girls.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »
Oh my Helen!  I thought Odie was bad enough :005:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 04:17:42 PM »
That sounds more or less like Odie's poo routine Karen, 3 sometimes 4.  What I'd like to find is a dry food which produces little waste, nicely formed :lol2:

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 04:19:02 PM »
Ours are fed raw - NI - and they poo twice a day, first thing in the morning and early afternoon. Small, easy to pick up with a distinctive - non-poo-like - smell...TMI?!!

Llewelyn tends to have a very runny third 'colon cleanse' or 'excitement poo' when out on a long walk.  ph34r

I would certainly recommend raw - ours are thriving on it. We have solved Llew's sensitive tummy issues and Blodwen's fussy eating in one fell swoop! We'll never look back.

Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
Oh my Helen!  I thought Odie was bad enough :005:

It's pretty common thing when they have a lot of exercise on a walk :lol2:
helen & jarvis x

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »

if we take him for a loooong walk he can poo up to 6 times, each progressively runnier - we call that a colon cleanse  ph34r

That's what Annie does. I thought it was because she runs around so much, but she still does it on lead walks (as we've discovered over the last week after her op). Jeff poohs "normally" though  :dunno:

GT - definitely Burns if you want a dry small-poo food. I only changed to CSJ because of the cost and the poos are much bigger and more frequent now.