Author Topic: Insurance Price Hike!  (Read 4705 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Insurance Price Hike!
« on: May 20, 2008, 01:36:47 PM »
I have had Kali with M&S since I got her.  Apart from the fact that they seem quite slow with reimbursement sometimes, I have been relatively happy with the service.  The first year she was £125 no excess, then £147 with £50 excess.  I have just got the renewal through and it is £205 plus £70 excess.  I really don't want to change but if it keeps going up like this I will have no choice :-\
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
Re: Insurance Price Hike!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:39:11 PM »
That's quite a hike in the excess as well as the premium, these things are soo frustrating...
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:02:42 PM »
The only trouble is if you change, she won't be covered for things she has already had. Glad I changed when I did.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »
It is difficult to know what to do for the best sometimes.  I know there are things on the policy that I may never use but I was so pleased the paying for food for dietary reasons was included on the last pay out as I had spent in excess of £50 for her pancreatitis food stuff. ::)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 02:31:55 PM »
i've read on another forum that someone has had to cancel their pets insurance as one of the many thing they have had to cut back on

looking at the price hike you have there sheryl I can now see why some people who are struggling to make ends meet try and cut their monthly out goings

Everything just keeps going up - had Jocks insurance thro the other day  ph34r haven't even looked at the price to see how much it has gone up or anything  :embarassed:

*potters off to dig it out to have a look*

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »
Charley's policy is due for renewal on 31st May with M&S, and it has risen to £359.88.  His excess is £70 plus 20% of the rest of the cost of veterinary treatment.  He is over ten years of age now so the excess is a tad extortionate.

I'm unsure whether or not to renew with Healthy Pets - £160 with £60 excess.

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
Charley's poluicy is due for renewal on 31st May with M&S, and it has risen to £359.88.  His excess is £70 plus 20% of the rest of the cost of veterinary treatment.  He is over ten years of age now so the excess is a tad extortionate.

I just phoned Healthy Pets and they said they didn't do lifetime cover because I was thinking of changing to them from M&S

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
Charley's poluicy is due for renewal on 31st May with M&S, and it has risen to £359.88.  His excess is £70 plus 20% of the rest of the cost of veterinary treatment.  He is over ten years of age now so the excess is a tad extortionate.

I just phoned Healthy Pets and they said they didn't do lifetime cover because I was thinking of changing to them from M&S

I thought they did do lifetime cover? The problem is these things seem to change what they offer year on year...
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »

I thought they did do lifetime cover? The problem is these things seem to change what they offer year on year...

I am going to to ring her back - I get so confused - it says cover for ongoing illnesses - isn't that the same as lifetime cover??

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 03:08:24 PM »
oh crikey  :o that's alot of money

Are you able to go else where?? I think we are going to experience the same to be honest. We are also with M&S for Hurley and its due for renewal in July.
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »
Ok - Healthy pets confirmed they don't do lifetime cover - its called a maximum benefit policy for example if it says that the limit is £5000 vet fees thats the limit you can claim for for one condition but it can be spread out over a number of years, but the main thing is that it isn't £5000 per year - hope that makes sense.

ETA: I have just phoned M&S up (our policy is due for renewal in June).  Apparently AXA are the underwriters at the moment for M&S but they are changing to RSA.  They put me through to a lady from RSA who said the main changes was the £70 excess as standard (£70 excess plus 20% of vet bills for dogs over 9). She confirmed the lifetime cover would remain.  Our monthly costs have gone up from £10.42 to £14.24 for Maddie and from £17.39 to £27.54 for Woofie.

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »
Our monthly costs have gone up from £10.42 to £14.24 for Maddie and from £17.39 to £27.54 for Woofie.

:o  :o  :o
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 04:00:31 PM »
I'll just have to bite the bullet and renew with M&S.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »
Me too :-\

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 04:27:02 PM »
I have decided to pay monthly by direct debit - £29.99 per month.  I used to pay annually.