Author Topic: Greenbee Pet Insurance  (Read 8135 times)

Offline pamela

• Site Member
Re: Greenbee Pet Insurance
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »
Hi Fiona, I confirmed a policy with Greenbee today,
 It costs £14.59 a month direct debit, life cover -£7000 per condition, per year and the usual 3rd party insurance, holiday cancellation etc. £75 excess.
Have a look on the website and see what you think, although it's not the most exciting way to spend an hour  :005:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 09:57:58 PM »
 ;) I changed from M&S to Greenbee a year ago but haven't claimed yet, I  have just renewed it and  I am about to send in a claim for

Flo so will let you know what happens  :shades:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »
Unless things have changed, I'm sure Tesco only cover each condition for a year.

Fiona, not sure if PetPlan still do it but if you say that you work in a vets, you get a little discount  ;)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 04:15:55 PM »
I think your probably right about tesco, given the price I'm paying. Will have a look at Greenbee when it's up for renewal.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 04:47:19 PM »
I've just had a quick look at Greenbee and I can't see anything about it providing lifetime cover for illnesses, but maybe I'm missing it? :huh:

Gari's Tesco insurance did only cover 12 months illness, I was getting fed up trying to find insurance for an older dog, at the time, that I just didn't read it until later, but luckily never needed it really. :-\
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 05:01:46 PM »
 ;) Greenbee is lifetime cover Fiona  :blink:  I pay £11.94 a month for Flo !

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 05:07:44 PM »
I was quoted £16 something for Duggie, wonder why it differs? It's a lot cheaper than Petplan anyway, I'm going to cancel theirs tomorrow.
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Sprinkles

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 05:11:24 PM »
Can anyone who's spent half their life looking at Greenbee and Petplan ( :005:) tell me what the main difference is between the two?? (if there is one?) Does Greenbee lack something which Petplan does? I'm very tempted by Greenbee too! £10 on average less a month is just to tempting to ignore!
Jo slave to the Cocker! ;)

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »
I dont think Greenbee is lacking anything that PetPlan offers - Petplan just rely on people being too lazy to shop around after getting their free puppy insurance (they have to make the money for all those free policies somehow!)

I did ring to check it was lifetime cover etc etc before I took out the policies!

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 06:58:25 PM »
Greebee does offer life long cover but they do it a bit different.
With other polices I have looked at you get X amount, s :-\ay its £7000 to treat each condition and once its gone thats it.
So If you dog got hit by a car and it cost £3000 in vet bills, then he got diabetes you would get another £7000 to spend on the treatment but when thats gone you have to pay for it yourself.

With Greebee you get £7000 at the start of each year to cover everything so in the same senario £3000 would of been spent on the accident and you would have £4000 left to spend on other treatments and when you were up to the £7000 you would have to pay for any bills yourself. But when you renew your policy the £7000 would start again and ongoing conditions covered by it.

Does that make any sence?

TBH I cant decide which way is best, I suppose it depends on how many different complaints your dog gets  :-\

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »
I thought Halifax was good at £6k per year, lifetime cover and I pay £16.00.    Just got a quote from Greenbee and got quoted £11.74 which seems too good to be true  :-\

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »
M&S who we're with for Jessie cover each illness £7000 per year....and it all resets when you renew. As long as you dont break insurance with them its lifetime cover also....

I am so pleased with them - we paid £215 for Jessie last year - £18 a month and they have paid up on every claim we have put through!!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 06:37:14 AM »
I dont think Greenbee is lacking anything that PetPlan offers - Petplan just rely on people being too lazy to shop around after getting their free puppy insurance (they have to make the money for all those free policies somehow!)

There are quite a few exclusions in the Greebee policy that Pet Plan cover; they might seem like small things (the terms relating to dental work, and use of prescription diets, for instance) but when you are faced with the bill, it can make a huge difference.

There is also a very interesting term in the Greenbee policy; Behavioural issues are only covered for those problems which have not been caused by the way in which the dog has been trained  :o
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 08:40:16 AM »

There are quite a few exclusions in the Greebee policy that Pet Plan cover; they might seem like small things (the terms relating to dental work, and use of prescription diets, for instance) but when you are faced with the bill, it can make a huge difference.

There is also a very interesting term in the Greenbee policy; Behavioural issues are only covered for those problems which have not been caused by the way in which the dog has been trained  :o
Yes Greenbee did change their policy regarding dental cover last year
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »
I have just had my renewal quote in from tesco, and guess what, it has doubled, to £12.04.
So I just got a quote from Greenbee, £8.76, and have just taken it up, so I hope its as good as you guys say, as it wasn't the cheapest quote I got (the AA was cheapest, £7ish)