Author Topic: Insurance with Lloyds or Halifax  (Read 4718 times)

Offline black taz

Re: Insurance - Halifax stopping cover
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »
I have mine covered with Healthy Pets.  Not the cheapest (pdsa are quite reasonable for good cover i believe) but Kira has an ongoing ear condition so cannot really change her.  I think Taz was £200 for the year upto about £4k per condition.

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Re: Insurance - Halifax stopping cover
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 09:01:46 PM »
Anyone any experience of Direct line??? Before I committ myself, as I have the quote on hold 

I've got our two dogs with Direct Line.

The good news is that they paid up for Domino's grass seed removal operation with no quibbles.

The bad news is that I think they are a bit expensive; I pay £64 per month for both Domino (cocker) and Spike (lab) and my excess is £120 :o.......the reason that the excess is so high is because they wanted to increase my premium to £73 per month and I opted to pay a higher excess but lower premium. This is for a lifetime cover for both dogs (Spike is 11 in March and Domino is 8 in July.)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Insurance with Lloyds or Halifax
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 05:46:23 PM »
I've managed to get (with direct Line) cocker 5 yrs old and lab 2 yrs old for less than I was getting just the lab

Yep Ok I went for the £160 excess, but then again I very rarely claim for anything - so have get the lesser insurance on them

I was more concerned on having third party liability than anything else - the only thing I have ever claimed for is Fern's op on her jaw when she broke it at 9 weeks old and Braan's Mri scans (unfortunately they showed me things I didn't want and he was PTS) anything else I pretty much just pay and don't bother with the insurance

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 08:28:45 PM »
They sent me a quote for pet wise and a policy schedule [cheeky gits are just gonna take it for granted you want to insure with them. They plan on just taking the money on the 4th by DD.. The cover is not the same, benefits are less and any previous illnesses covered by Halifax are not covered. Classed as pre-existing conditions. It is not life cover, 5,000 maximum benefit then the illness becomes a pre existing condition and excluded from future claims.  Now Sasha is six I have to pay 20% of the bill on top of 75 excess. This is their gold cover policy.
Oh and its more expensive 270.60 for Sasha. It's underwritten by AXA.
My Halifax insurance ended in May and this is exactly what happened with Reuben's policy. They even took money out of my bank account without my ever having agreed to the policy.  >:D

For Casper, they wrote to me saying they were having trouble finding a company to take over his policy but they would try to solve the issue by the end of June. Today the Halifax have written to say they will continue to insure Casper (with the policy being underwritten by Lloyds TSB) and all his pre-existing conditions will be covered. It's about the same price as before and still with £75 excess, but I have to pay 20% of the bill as well now as he is 6 years old.
Has anyone else with a dog with pre-existing conditions had their insurance renewed? 

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »
They offered me the same, but just for Ellie as she is the one who has had claims. They didn't offer to renew the rest, as far as i'm concerned they can shove it..I heard they offered to pay people two hundred pounds if they didn't want the insurance reinstated. I only thinkmthey have done this because of the group and dogs today magazine being involved and legal action being sought. I just don't trust Insurance companies anymore,when they can just pull out like this. I feel very sorry for the person who had her dog put to sleep, because she could not afford the long time medication he was on, She insured with good faith that her dog would be looked after.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.