Author Topic: How many times on average does your cocker bark indoors a day?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline sodpot2000

Re: How many times on average does your cocker bark indoors a day?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 10:58:49 AM »
Buster loves to get things off his chest!

He will bark:
Because another dog barks - up to a mile away - I think it is a kind of canine chat room
Because there are animals on the TV
Because (on a walk) he can see another dog ahead and wants them to stop and play - or because they didn't.

I put it down to adolescent exuberance. The world is very new and there are lots of things to get excited about.

Offline Katie_and_Millie

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 03:42:05 PM »
Millie barks when someone comes to the door, or when it sounds like someone is coming to the door!

I live in a Mess (like Uni Halls) so only have a room rather than a house.  Luckily Millie is relatively quiet or the guy who lives in the next room may have something to say about it!

Offline PopPops

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 10:14:37 PM »
.......can't I say how many times a day my cocker doesn't bark? It would be quicker.

Gobby little madam she is.
Pops the Womble: November 2012 to February 2017. Forever loved and missed Poppet.

Offline Tipsy252

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 06:03:05 PM »
I am worried that Cassie (2yrs 3 mths, blue roan) is too noisy in the garden. Everytime she is out she barks at something. Neibour putting something in the bin, the kids over the fence behind us, kids or dogs a few houses or streets away. It seems she is always barking! She will stop when I shout or ask her to come in, but is it fair to have to bring her in for trying to protect her property? She rarely barks indoors and usually only when someone knocks the door. But should I try to control her barking outside more?

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 06:13:12 PM »
I'm having barking problems with my Archie (13 months) at the moment.  He will bark (sometimes for 2-3 mins at a time) when:

- my daughters go upstairs (he'll race after them, barking and getting very excited, even though they are being calm)
- any noise he hears outside
- when I am "ignoring" him whilst preparing dinner (previously used to lie over my feet)
- if I change position in my chair and happen to make a tiny noise
- if he wants to get to something/someone who is not in the same room (ie. when girls are having tea in dining room)
- every time my mobile or landline rings (this is particularly bad as I can't hear the person on the other side  >:()

The list basically is endless and barking occurs most of the day.  I'm wondering how to tackle it (thinking clicker training) but need to know I'm doing it correct from the start....  Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Striker4912

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 09:17:45 PM »
Striker has barked only twice in the whole 2 years we have had him. The first time was when my partner came home from work on a chilly night and had his hood up and the poor pooch didn't know who it was and the second time was at my partners grandad because he just didn't like him lol