Author Topic: Transitioning my worker to adult food - recommendations please  (Read 2496 times)

Offline BalsallBaggy

Transitioning my worker to adult food - recommendations please
« on: January 22, 2021, 01:50:13 PM »
Hi all,

My 7 and a half month working cocker is currently eating AATU puppy food, dry kibble version, and has since 12 weeks. He hoovers it up and it gets on well with his stomach, that said he eats well over the recommended amount and he is still a little under weight (he has seen a vet and all is well), he's well exercised and runs over fields most days.
I've found mixed views on at what age to move him off and so much choice, AATU do an adult food but don't want to assume its right for him.

Any views/recommendations greatly appreciated.

Offline Barry H

Re: Transitioning my worker to adult food - recommendations please
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 09:42:31 AM »
If he's eating well, and generally fit and healthy, not too skinny and not too fat, then I wouldn't worry about his weight.   The changeover to adult food is normally around a year old, so I wouldn't be in a hurry to make the switch just yet. He still has a lot of growing to do. 

As for what to feed as an adult - bit of a lottery based on affordability/type of food etc. and whether he gets on with it.  Some dogs (and some owners!) can be fussy, though by the sound of it seems like you shouldn't have much trouble.  Plenty of time to investigate the options.