Author Topic: Bailey The Rescued Cocker  (Read 14272 times)

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Bailey The Rescued Cocker
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2021, 07:56:34 PM »
Bailey sounds like is doing well.  Not sure boys ever do lose the urge  :D  and although she is young, Daisy may well be nearing her first season. 

Offline theshrew

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2021, 12:54:09 AM »
He’s doing really well tbh. Slowly but surely he’s progressing. Ive never lost the urge either,  Not that it gets me anywhere  :005:

Turns out little the lady has come into season and he’s been trying to sweat talk her  :police: Got ourselves a little blob machine. Tried to put her in an old pair of my daughters knickers which lasted 2 mins.

Offline theshrew

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2022, 02:30:32 AM »
Not updated for a long time. The last few weeks weve let him off the lead. Very careful where and when tbh but the lads done brilliant with zero distractions. 

If anyone has any tips for stopping them sniffing every blade of grass would be appreciated.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2022, 07:09:32 AM »
Oh well done Bailey !!!
Sniffing every blade of grass is what life‘s all about, surely? :005: 
My boy‘s not very mobile since a back injury last year, so I‘ve changed my stance quite a bit, we just amble and I let him sniff as much as he likes, or I hide things and let him find them with his nose, I see it as compensation for not being able to race about like he should be doing at his age.
However, - what I used to (attempt to) do  ;) when we went out more often , was interchange between  a harness and a collar, the collar meant „proper walking, i.e. heel or at least lose lead at my side. The harness meant he had a bit more freedom (- i.e. pull my arm off, cock his leg, sniff everything, just all the normal cocker stuff! :lol: ). They do need their sniffs but there are times when you just need to get from A to B and you can’t be doing with all the stop and go.
My trainer recommended it, it does take a bit of training (a bit longer for cockers!  :lol:) but they do get the idea , - eventually !  :luv:
Look forward to Bailey‘s next update!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2022, 08:24:06 AM »
Great to get an update

Sniffing every blade of grass? he's just reading his peemail  :lol2:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2022, 09:05:18 PM »
Bailey has really come on.  Sniffing every blade of grass is mandatory  :lol2:

Offline theshrew

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2022, 10:37:22 PM »
Yeah he’s doing great thanks guys.

His off lead stuff has been really good. Never thought we’d get to that point really but he’s been loving it. I’m not confident enough to let him off when he’s just with me tbf just when the Mrs is with us. Hes  still worried being around males really.

Tbf it’s been quiet nice because the Mrs now comes on walks with us which she’s never really done much before in all the years we’ve had dogs. Baileys happy as hell when she comes and I have someone to annoy tickling her ear with bits of long grass, think I’ve got her most days of the Summer holls, she’s still not twigged on  :005:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2022, 08:27:32 PM »
Oje of these days she is going to suss it out and I hope you are quick of the mark!  :lol2:

Offline theshrew

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2022, 02:07:04 AM »
Oje of these days she is going to suss it out and I hope you are quick of the mark!  :lol2:

Great Success managed the whole summer holls.  >:D

Bailey has really missed her this week though now she’s back at work. Funny little b***** half his walk today was like when we first got him, the second like he’s been the last few weeks. Same walk etc

Just goes to show whatever has happened to in the past is just imbedded kinda default mode. It’s pretty heartbreaking and frustrating to see tbh. No matter what, the lads 1000000000 times happier now than he was.

Just wish we’d had him as a pup he would’ve been an amazing dog without all the shit he’s obviously been through.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2022, 05:43:25 PM »
The number of times we said that about Daisy. 'Imagine what she would have been like, if we had her from a pup.'  However, he is amazing, you pushed your luck and got away with it  :lol2: so all is well.

Offline theshrew

« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2022, 01:38:02 AM »
A breakthrough   :D

I put on my big boy pants and let Bailey off the lead yesterday for the first time when my Mrs wasn't with us. Massive step forward for him / us. I picked a quiet time and place and we both definitely enjoyed it.

2 years of so many tiny steps towards Bailey becoming a normal happy dog, We've gone from 100% unhappy and scared to probably 70% now. Previously absolute zero Love to 70% Love for me 10000% for my Mrs :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2022, 07:30:57 AM »
What a lovely update!! :clapping: :clapping:! Well done to you both, you‘ve obviously had lots of ups and downs but patience, love and trust have won the day!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2022, 09:04:45 AM »
What a lovely positive post, thanks for sharing  :luv:     and a great way to start a day  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2022, 04:35:00 PM »
That's so lovely  :luv:

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2022, 09:04:42 AM »
Happy news 😀
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo