Author Topic: Anyone used Bought By Many  (Read 4056 times)

Offline PennyB

Anyone used Bought By Many
« on: December 21, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »
It seems its underwritten by a German Insurance Company  'Great Lakes Insurance SE' which have never heard of but keeps popping up on my newsfeed on Facebook. Premiums look good but then I thought that once with More Than but their policies no longer pay out more than 4000 per condition which means orthopaedic surgery would be impossible if it was needed whereas it used to be 12,000 a year
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Anyone used Bought By Many
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 12:15:50 PM »
I have heard of them and just looked at previous post which mentions them - Its Sme uses them I think
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 07:38:49 PM »
I have heard of them and just looked at previous post which mentions them - Its Sme uses them I think

I do, I haven't put in a claim so not sure how easy it would be or how quickly the premiums would jump if I did.

The reason I chose them was if Bea didn't have a flair up of pancreatitis for a year then I could claim it as a new condition and that More Than wanted over £1000 to insure Bea.

Bea had a relapse of her hypoparathyroidism in September, which she isn't insured for  >:( lucky for her she had a ISA that had just matured  :005:

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 06:46:59 PM »
I have the pre-existing policy with Bought by Many - this was taken out after Animal Friends hiked my premium by 400% to £221 per month on year 8 renewal.

For any new condition I have better cover now than I ever had with AF - and for each pre-existing condition there is an allowance of £500 per year (after excess and 20% co-pay that means I can get back £320 per year per pre-existing condition). 

Grace had her annual echocardiogram in July and the claim process was very easy - I called them, told them why I needed to claim and they dealt with it from there by contacting my vet for the records - sending me updates by text - and the payment came through quite quickly.