Author Topic: Ollie's been on an adventure  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Ollie's been on an adventure
« on: June 25, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »
Yesterday I went shopping leaving Ollie with his master, on leaving I said my usual, don't let him in the front garden as he will try to find me (pushes though the hedge) OH never thinks there is a need to close the side gate if he goes to water the pots etc despite my constant reminder....I got the look :shades: and another from a disgruntled Ollie.

On returning OH approaches and looks visibly drawn. Seems our boy did indeed get out into the front garden and sneak past his master and stood in the center of the road - lucky a lady in a car stopped(she explained she walks her dog past and knew he shouldn't be there)  Ollie greeted her by barking and OH heard him.

Ollie thankfully was not affected by his adventure but OH really was upset, and has vowed never to leave the side gate open again.  Phew you can never be too careful and at eleven he still gets up to mischief and the scares us out of our wits.

I never underestimate my boy and after all these years it seems yesterday hubby learnt a valuable yet scary lesson about our boy.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Ollie's been on an adventure
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 01:28:44 PM »
Oh oh Ollie  :shades: I‘m sure helping Dad water the pots could be much more adventurous than directing the traffic, you just need a bit of imagination. I love to push my nose under the end of the watering can and then paddle through the water that gets spilled, - (you can then make lovely paw patterns on the sun bed if you‘re feeling creative!!)
Glad you‘re ok!
Lots of tail wags,
Humphrey x

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 05:19:59 PM »
I so feel for you!  Mine kept wanting to let our rescue have a ‘lovely run’ ,she who had a history of serial escaping.  Never believed me  after five instances of her legging it when the lead was slackly held. Things changed when she hoicked it out of his hand , under a fence following a badger track for two fields,  pausing to talk to horses whilst he almost killed himself chasing her.  And this is just a toy poodle cross weighing 5 kilos.
I’ll never trust either of them.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Barry H

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 01:42:49 PM »
Glad it all turned out OK!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 04:10:02 PM »
Glad it all turned out OK!

Yes I could see Branston doing this - and not very politely either :shades:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 06:24:57 PM »
Loved that BarryH  :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 06:26:14 PM »
Yikes, that could have been a real bad news story!  Glad it all worked out OK and I hope OH has learnt his lesson.  Bet he needed a wee half after that fright!