Author Topic: Kenneled or inside?  (Read 13827 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Re: Kenneled or inside?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 04:08:48 PM »
yes you can all have jobs cos Id be so rich and id buy out the estate and you could all live in the empty cottages they wont sell as they rent them out as holiday houses even tho locals are desparate to buy somewhere.
 now please tell me  anyone know of any get rich quick schemes?  ;) :lol:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 04:48:09 PM »
Ooooh Jean if you come to Edinburgh bring the dogs and I'll look after them  :D

I'm sure Alfie and Rolo could get up to all sorts of mischief together and Pepper, Liath and Tilly can sit and commiserate with each other about their norty little brothers  :luv: :luv: :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2006, 06:13:40 PM »
nicola Ive got to drive to hamilton next week to pick up a pup from Ireland and Im pooping myself....Im sure ill find it ok but ye gods what a waste of a day sitting in a car.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 07:28:25 PM »
Yes a poor lady has had most of her dogs stolen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6181325.stm
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 07:50:02 PM »
umm - this lady was actually prosecuted not too long back for the state she had kept her dogs in  >:(

can't really sympathise with her but hope the dogs are found safe

but it does highlight the fact that wherever you live its not safe and chances should not be taken

LINK

Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2006, 08:26:27 PM »
OMG, I have no sympathy for her then.  That is disgraceful.  Hope they have been taken somewhere better though.  :-\
Julie and Watson

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2006, 08:30:27 PM »
sadly the truth of it may be that they will be used for breeding even more  :-\
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2006, 08:32:10 PM »
Yes, sadly you are probably right  :'(
Julie and Watson

Offline PennyB

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 10:45:31 PM »
umm - this lady was actually prosecuted not too long back for the state she had kept her dogs in  >:(

but it does highlight the fact that wherever you live its not safe and chances should not be taken

LINK

Didn't know that, but yes it was just to highlight the problem. Also gundogs in kennels are prime targets as well for thieves
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 11:06:10 PM »

LINK

Yes, I read this on another forum, she was fined because her dogs' kennels were piled high with filth and excrement  >:( >:(

Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2006, 11:33:59 AM »
i think 250 pounds was not enough and she had 19 dogs? why... to make money out of by the looks of it. its so sad
 if I lived anywhere but where I do live Id be worried about my 3 too, the girls have been spayed  so they'd be no good for breeding. also the run is about 100 yards from the croft house and any vehicle or person passing would have to pass it and my mother has an excellent guard dog a tiny black poodle which has such acute hearing nothing passes without it knowing plus the croft collie is always about and so are my sister and her two collies. they couldn't be in a safer place. also our road is a private road with a dead end at the croft  so you need a good reason to be on it.
I think if thieves want to steal dogs they will housebreak if they are that keen. apparently even family pets cross breeds whatever aren't safe as they know pet owners will pay ransome for their beloved pets so its not just pedigrees or working dogs at risk.

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2007, 04:00:14 AM »
mine are house kept but have indoor crates.  There is no way as others have suggested that you could face putting your dogs in kennels down here too many are stolen no matter how high tech you get, we've recently had three keepers dogs stolen locally from kennels, sadly nothing new.

Plus I don't think I'd want my kennelled I prefer them being all rounders they are with me for life not just for their working life so I want them to be suitable for living indoors in their old age :D  Most people I know though do kennel their dogs.

Offline charlie_jim_gem

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 09:59:07 PM »
i wnat to start having charlie in a kennel whilst me and my oh are at work is this a bad thing??

Penel

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 10:25:05 PM »
i wnat to start having charlie in a kennel whilst me and my oh are at work is this a bad thing??

as others have said, it's a huge risk of him being stolen.  As much as you can try and make it secure - thieves will always take their chances at breaking into kennels.  If you are leaving Charlie for a full day you might want to think about getting a dog walker, so he isn't extremely bored on his own all day.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2007, 09:24:13 AM »

as others have said, it's a huge risk of him being stolen.  As much as you can try and make it secure - thieves will always take their chances at breaking into kennels.  If you are leaving Charlie for a full day you might want to think about getting a dog walker, so he isn't extremely bored on his own all day.

Also if you live in an urban area there's always the risk of dog's barking which can become a nuisance
Friends of Hailey Park