Author Topic: Midland Game and Country Fair - 15/16 September  (Read 12165 times)

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: Midland Game and Country Fair - 15/16 September
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
Countryman Fairs have confirmed that the layout this year is exactly the same as last year - which should make it easier for everyone!

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »
Brilliant now I know what areas to avoid :lol:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »

From previous experience its been too good a place for serious shopping ;)  Does Andrea have any Beavers of Bolton yet? :005: :005:

:005:  being the wrong side of the watershed, are further details restricted?  :lol2:

SteveB ....I was thinking more along the lines of training equipment for The Bear but not sure if I'm taking 'Will Power' with me, so personal shopping might just happen too    :blink:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 08:44:56 AM »

From previous experience its been too good a place for serious shopping ;)  Does Andrea have any Beavers of Bolton yet? :005: :005:

Would just like to say thank you. Andrea went on that site last night and has just ordered a Barbour Calgary jacket (how many jackets can one woman wear). Had the usual its my birthday in 3 weeks, it was in the clearance (a whole £30 off), only one left and it happens to be in my size (it must be a sign). One consolation was they did not have the gloves she wanted in her size. Why could it not of been the other way round (but dont fret Andrea has informed me that there are plenty of stalls for her to find a pair next week. Oh joy).     

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 06:39:47 PM »

Would just like to say thank you. Andrea went on that site last night and has just ordered a Barbour Calgary jacket (how many jackets can one woman wear). Had the usual its my birthday in 3 weeks, it was in the clearance (a whole £30 off), only one left and it happens to be in my size (it must be a sign). One consolation was they did not have the gloves she wanted in her size. Why could it not of been the other way round (but dont fret Andrea has informed me that there are plenty of stalls for her to find a pair next week. Oh joy).     

Oh! I know that site well......last year it was a 3/4 length tweed coat - they do have some very good bargains though ;)  glad to be of assistance to Andrea :D think I may keep a low profile on the day ph34r

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »
This is on my door step and did not know it was on will check if i am free
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »

:005:  being the wrong side of the watershed, are further details restricted?  :lol2:

SteveB ....I was thinking more along the lines of training equipment for The Bear but not sure if I'm taking 'Will Power' with me, so personal shopping might just happen too    :blink:

It's nothing exciting I'm afraid....just a good old fashioned British Mill and Clothing manufacturer :D  I saw their coats at the show last year, came home and contacted them direct about sizes and length [I'm not very tall!] and they offered to make a coat for me, for no extra cost..... I call it my inheritance piece and my two cousins are still in-fighting over who gets it!!  [green tartan with pink and aqua stripes and a pink lining :005:]

sarahR

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »
Bought our tickets today. Rob, myself and Ali our daughter are coming so we will see you there at some point.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 08:08:18 PM »
I'm aiming to go on the Saturday as most of the other game fairs I'd planned to go to this year were cancelled so really I've saved a fortune so far :005: I just need to find someone to look after Tilly as she's not really up to walking around all day any more.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
I'm aiming to go on the Saturday as most of the other game fairs I'd planned to go to this year were cancelled so really I've saved a fortune so far :005: I just need to find someone to look after Tilly as she's not really up to walking around all day any more.
Bought our tickets today. Rob, myself and Ali our daughter are coming so we will see you there at some point.

this just gets  better and better - would be lovely to meet you Nicola [and your dogs - hope you find a Tilly sitter for the day] Sarah - will PM you!

Not sure if this thread is really in the right place?  should it be in meet-up? or shopping ;)

Offline riotous_uk

• Druidale GSDs and SWDs
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 09:09:41 AM »
I think samsalin are there with their dog creche, so any dogs not up to walking round all day can safely be left with Caz, Steve and their staff
Pauline
Member APDT 660
Pawsitively Dogs

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 12:47:55 PM »
This just happens to be on at the same time that we are driving down to Kent for the show the following weekend. We might have to incorporate it into our holiday plan. Thanks for mentioning it.

what date are you going to the kent show Kelly (7733lily) and i (pudding) will be there on the Saturday 22nd sep
would be nice to meet up

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 08:25:42 AM »
So have we decided who are definates and where we are meeting.
Both our hoodlums are definates on Saturday

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »
So have we decided who are definates and where we are meeting.
Both our hoodlums are definates on Saturday

*how about the scurry Steve? ...no pressure on you & Andrea or anything    :005:
(That's not a serious suggestion BTW  ;) ..will wait for someone who knows the venue to come up with something better  (...... Jayne!  :lol2: :luv: )
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »
Sounds like lots of COL's and pups will be at the show on Satuday!  way hey! :banana:

Can I suggest that we have a couple of meet times and points?  say 12.30 on the lawn area, outside the beer tent, by the house and 3pm by the scurries?  Unless anyone has a better idea for times/locations?

Hope to see you there,

Jx
Think these were the suggested locations/times.
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown