Author Topic: Caoimhe is a FTCh  (Read 9509 times)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: Caoimhe is a FTCh
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »
Thrilled to bits for you Nic - hope you're celebrating in a way that befits an occasion such as this   :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
A superb achievement for both yourself & Simon & is the perfect reward for all the hard work you put into such a special little girl  :luv:  :clapping:

You stay on cloud 9 as long as you like ...... it must be an awesome feeling  :bigarmhug:  ...but I bet little Caoimhe is taking it all in her stride & wondering what all the fuss is about  :005:

I have a feeling there might be a rather large 'Go Coaimhe' contingent at Sandrigham ....... probably best to keep the 'whooping' to a minimum I suspect  :P  :011:

Lindsey x

If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 11:42:44 PM »
Thank you everyone, I'm absolutely over the moon although in a way it hasn't really sunk in yet; I've been thinking about her getting to this stage for such a long time it's a bit unreal. Simon's much more pragmatic about it than I am, he kept telling me that she'd do it, but then he's owned a lot more champions than I have :lol2:  The achievement is all his, I'm just very proud of her and very grateful to him; he and his wife Julie have been nothing but incredibly kind and supportive over the last 3 years. 

I have a feeling there might be a rather large 'Go Coaimhe' contingent at Sandrigham ....... probably best to keep the 'whooping' to a minimum I suspect  :P  :011:

I'll be skulking at the back again so that she doesn't see or smell me and get distracted and when she's actually running I'll be pacing anxiously around at the back :lol2: Hopefully she'll have better luck this time around but running at the Champs is just the cherry on the icing on the cake; it'd be great if she did well but getting to FTCh was what I really wanted, I could retire her tomorrow and she'd have achieved everything you could possibly want from a trialling dog. It'll be lovely if there are people there to cheer her on though :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 05:39:07 AM »
The "team weevil" support team is packing their january bag already :bigarmhug:

I had no doubt  ;)  Just surprised it was on her FIRST run of the season.

Clever clever little girl  :luv:

Congratulations to you both   :clapping: :clapping:
I am guessing that FTCH is the working "equivalent" to a show cocker winning crufts  :dunno:

In terms of kudos, yes - but you really should look at videos of how these dogs work  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 07:13:31 AM »
HUGE congratulations to you and Caoimhe and your 'team', what a wonderful achievement  :luv: :luv:

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 07:32:36 AM »
Well done Caoimhe :luv:
steffxxx

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 08:19:52 AM »
Congrats again - don't know whether you can hear us shouting all the way up to cloud 9  happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
What an achievement. Congratulations to you both.
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »
The "team weevil" support team is packing their january bag already :bigarmhug:

I had no doubt  ;)  Just surprised it was on her FIRST run of the season.

Clever clever little girl  :luv:

Congratulations to you both   :clapping: :clapping:
I am guessing that FTCH is the working "equivalent" to a show cocker winning crufts  :dunno:

In terms of kudos, yes - but you really should look at videos of how these dogs work  ;)

Helen I have I think it is amazing, I really enjoy watching dogs reach their potential. I wasn't being glib, just trying to put it in a context I could relate to.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 09:46:20 AM »
I just spoke to Simon again to get a better report on it and he said she's on really top form, she won on ice which means there was no run off at the end, she was the clear winner :D  She had two very difficult runners, one on each of her runs, but she got both of them. She's on peak form and just did everything right, when the ground is right and the game is there then she always performs; she's so smart and so classy and Simon has brought her on to perfection after the pups. The full results are as follows:

1st Lovelight Garnet Glow of Rinagree (b) S.Tyers
2nd Frostfields Vermicelli of Lisburne J.Bailey
3rd Western Rosie (b) I.Openshaw
4th Woldtop Firecrest (b) W.Walker

COMs
Maesydderwen Saucey (b) S.Morgan
Lockslane Archibald D.Lee

She's going to be wound down a bit for a few weeks now as she's due in season in November so we want to bring that on and get it out of the way as quickly as possible. She's very regular with her seasons so hopefully he can get her back into full on training again in December and have her back on peak form for mid January. That's the plan anyway :lol2: The timing of this really couldn't have been better, it's amazing that she's won on her first run of the season anyway but it's also a relief as it takes the pressure off for the rest of the season; with her actual season being due in November it would have meant she'd miss a 3 week chunk out of the trials, the same thing happened last year and she missed 3 or 4 runs which was really frustrating, the FT season is relatively short and it's not easy to get runs so there's always an element of time pressure. Thank doG we don't need to worry about that now :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 09:57:19 AM »
Congratulations Nicola, Simon and Caoimhe. Absolutely brilliant achievement. I've watched a few videos on YouTube and wow, what a clever girl. Amazing watching these dogs excel at what they are bred to do.

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline luckypenny

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »
Congratulations - that's amazing :blink:. do you have a link to the youtube clips, or is there something I can type in?

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »
Congratulations and well done  ;)
Sarah & Brodie.

www.whatthewoof.co.uk       "Now live"

Offline SueC

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »
Many congratulations!

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
 Well done Caoimhe (how do you pronounce that?)  :clapping: I think this is what one of my colleagues got with one of her welsh springers - I watched her being awarded it at Crufts in March by the Duke of something or other. Is that the one? Will you and Caoimhe be presented with yours at Crufts?

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 06:02:28 PM »
That's great, it sounds like you will be stuck on your cloud for a while yet, and rightly so.