Author Topic: Jessie not well.  (Read 4604 times)

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Jessie not well.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 07:12:39 PM »
Oh bless her, glad that has come back as nothing sinister and that Jessie is improving. Not heard of that before, so info would be very useful. Xx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 09:10:32 PM »
So glad she is on the mend
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline revis

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 08:17:43 AM »
This is the info that my vet gave me . IMHA immune mediated haemolytic anaemia Is one of the most common autoimmune diseases in dogs. Severe anaemia caused by products of antibodies targeting red blood cells. Middle aged cockers prone to  . He said that because she had her yearly jabb within the last 2 weeks it might have made it worse.
I read more about it on the vet times web site and Cambridge Uni site.
Today she started her steroids . Much happier and eating again. My vet is Spanish and it's not always the easiest to understand! 
H

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 12:54:28 PM »
Can I ask which jab it was please?

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 05:40:18 PM »
 :banana:  Great news about Jessie.  You must be so relieved.  Delighted to hear she is eating and returning to her normal self.

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 08:47:30 PM »
This is the info that my vet gave me . IMHA immune mediated haemolytic anaemia Is one of the most common autoimmune diseases in dogs. Severe anaemia caused by products of antibodies targeting red blood cells. Middle aged cockers prone to  . He said that because she had her yearly jabb within the last 2 weeks it might have made it worse.
I read more about it on the vet times web site and Cambridge Uni site.
Today she started her steroids . Much happier and eating again. My vet is Spanish and it's not always the easiest to understand! 
H

Thanks for explaining her condition, It sounds like she will be back to her usual self very soon.
Sharon.

Offline revis

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 10:50:49 AM »
The vaccination Jessie had was Nobivac . The vet only suggested that it might have caused the anaemia. She is fine now but the steroid pills certainly make her drink a lot and make her pant a lot. She is so much better though.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31:58 AM »
Pleased she's well again - sadly cockers do suffer from autoimmune illnesses (one of mine had similar -IMTP in his cases, which is immune-mediated thrombocytopena - where his platelets went to zero due to a urine infection and he started to bleed out)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline AmCocker1973

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 09:41:43 AM »
Glad to hear she is home with the family

Offline revis

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 12:41:18 PM »
jessie is getting better bloods still not quite right .She is on steroids with the dose decreasing gradually.Thank you for posting