Author Topic: Barking lots after her spay  (Read 1535 times)

Offline EllieJane44

Barking lots after her spay
« on: November 06, 2021, 02:48:04 PM »
Hi

I have a 15 mth old cocker called Rosie , she has always been a bit of a timid dog and unsure of strangers . She is fine with dogs . She never used to bark that often only really if strangers tried to stroke her too quickly she would bark and back off . She also not keen on new people coming in house would bark and run off . She never barked at postman , delivery etc when door went though  .
However 2 weeks ago she had her spay operation . She already had one season . She has recovered well and slowly going back to walks now . However she did get a urine infection and is on antibiotics just now day 3 of 10 .
One thing that is worrying me is since about a week after her spay she has started to bark at anyone or dog going past out back garden and also at anytime coming to the door or house. It is a loud scary bark and not seen like this before . It’s like she either scared or protective . She is fine on walks with meeting dogs and people still and does not bark or if she does it just excitement

I am worried that the spay has changed her personality but surely not . Any ideas why this might be happening . Could it be trauma of surgery and the uti?

Also how do you stop her barking so much , I don’t want her barking at folk coming to house or passing the garden. Also she is more clingy , I not left her much since her spay either so worrying about that too.

Any experience or help please

Ellie