Author Topic: Arrghh I hate this bit - we are in season  (Read 1770 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Arrghh I hate this bit - we are in season
« on: January 20, 2022, 10:38:08 PM »
So we noticed a spot of blood on Sunday on her tummy, since then she has been bleeding

Struggling to keep her motivated to do anything other than go for walks, she was in such a routine of having a walk before I started work (so we are heading out really early in the morning, hoping not to see anyone- but we are meeting the darn deer instead )

Rest of the day is ok as long as she gets training at lunchtime and late afternoon

Any tips would be welcome - not bothered about the spotting in the house as we have purposely held off getting much needed new carpets until after her season

She isn’t allowed in the lounge at the moment, but I kept her out of there the majority of the time anyway (I have a settee in the kitchen that she is allowed on and I spend majority of my time when not working in there )

Offline AndyB

• Donator
Re: Arrghh I hate this bit - we are in season
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 07:03:11 AM »
I'm assuming this is Ash's first season.  Watch out for urine marking in the house.  They mark their territory to attract male dogs.  Small amounts which happen so quickly you can't do much about it.  She may not do this at it is her first season, Maisie didn't, but second time round she was definitely up for it and I had literally just had a new lounge carpet and I just wasn't expecting that at all.   So don't worry, the house training has not gone out of the window.  I actually bought some baby pull on nappies for Maisie when she was on the sofa during the evening (ON HER FLEECE WITH A LARGE TOWEL ON TOP I MAY ADD).  These worked quite well, you do have to pull them up occasionally but I found them much better than the ones you can buy specifically for dogs, and much cheaper.

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 04:53:01 PM »
At least you know you’ve not missed it! I tried wife’s bikini bottoms on that tie at the sides but didn’t look great and doubt they’ll stay on - on Peanut I mean not me! Peanut nor wife were impressed.

The baby pull on’s are a good idea AndyB, thanks. Where does the tail go though? Sorry I’m struggling to imagine and haven’t seen pull ones before.
John.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 06:23:13 PM »
I'm assuming this is Ash's first season.  Watch out for urine marking in the house.  They mark their territory to attract male dogs.  Small amounts which happen so quickly you can't do much about it.  She may not do this at it is her first season, Maisie didn't, but second time round she was definitely up for it and I had literally just had a new lounge carpet and I just wasn't expecting that at all.   So don't worry, the house training has not gone out of the window.  I actually bought some baby pull on nappies for Maisie when she was on the sofa during the evening (ON HER FLEECE WITH A LARGE TOWEL ON TOP I MAY ADD).  These worked quite well, you do have to pull them up occasionally but I found them much better than the ones you can buy specifically for dogs, and much cheaper.

Yep it’s her first season and we are nearly one week in now, another 2 to go  :shades:
No weeing  in the house at all, plenty of scenting outside though, she’s even started cocking her leg  :005: 

It’s been over 13 years since I have had a dog in season, just can’t wait for it to be over, as she comes everywhere with me so I am feeling a bit housebound    ph34r :005:  ( yes she does get left home alone sometimes)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 06:25:41 PM »
At least you know you’ve not missed it! I tried wife’s bikini bottoms on that tie at the sides but didn’t look great and doubt they’ll stay on - on Peanut I mean not me! Peanut nor wife were impressed.

The baby pull on’s are a good idea AndyB, thanks. Where does the tail go though? Sorry I’m struggling to imagine and haven’t seen pull ones before.
John.

Has Peanut had her first season John? I bet your wife was happy with you using her bikini bottoms  :005:

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 08:36:55 PM »
Hi Cazza, no Peanut hasn’t but I’ve heard her litter sister has. Peanut’s with me 24/7 so I don’t think I’ve missed it.

No, wifey wasn’t delighted to be honest, they were a bit big for Peanut too but I managed not to say that!  :005:

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 07:44:15 AM »
If I remember rightly I eased the end of Maisie's tail out of the leg of the pull ons and that worked fairly well.  Obviously she wasn't wagging her tail, (NOT A HAPPY GIRL), but they did help in the evenings when Maisie was ready for a snooze.  No washing either.  Another plus.  A friend with a grandaughter recommended pull ons from Lidl and I have to say the quality was excellent and obviously the price too.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 12:47:40 PM »
Hi Cazza, no Peanut hasn’t but I’ve heard her litter sister has. Peanut’s with me 24/7 so I don’t think I’ve missed it.

No, wifey wasn’t delighted to be honest, they were a bit big for Peanut too but I managed not to say that!  :005:

I am sure you will be posting in the next month or so saying she’s in season  ;)

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2022, 02:24:25 PM »
Thanks AndyB, I’m definitely going down the route you took as it sounds the easiest option by miles.

Cazza, you might be right, she’s doing small pees on our walks which I think is marking. I’m off to Lidl to get the pull on’s ready! We’re driving to north Scotland in early Feb so I’m hoping it won’t start until we arrive!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2022, 08:35:58 PM »
Ooo sounds like she is on her way to being in season

We are now 2 weeks in, roll on another week and we should be nearly out the other side
Perhaps I am being over cautious but Ash only gets one early morning walk at the moment and then I tire her out with training and playing in the garden

Met up with a friend and her dog today (female dog) so that Ash had a play mate

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2022, 05:41:33 PM »
Still no season here!
I’ve got loads of toys/brain games and a lovely puppy games book by Steve Mann so we’re ready, i was hoping it’d happen before Spring breaks. . . .

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2022, 07:42:13 PM »
Here’s hoping she comes in to season soon John

Ash has currently gone off her breakfast but will eat it as treats - weird girl, but evening she can’t get enough - will give it a few more days then may have to put her down to one meal a day

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 05:50:47 PM »
She’s in season! She’s very clean so not had any stains, not sure if we need the pull on pants yet. She’s eating well, keen to go out and more affectionate. She’s not so tolerant of the pup who has been snarled at!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2022, 12:49:37 PM »
Awww poor pup getting it in the neck  :shades:

Hope Peanuts season is going ok  :luv: