Author Topic: lost the colour  (Read 838 times)

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
lost the colour
« on: April 30, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »
OK I was being a smart a**e and when I had borrowed a blaster to do the dogs I used it to take all of the dust out of my hard drive because the last time all the dust built up it fried the engine - overworked it  :005:
anyway, after blasting loads of dust out I plugged the PC back in and I have done something to the colour settings, I have lost red and even the photo's with red in them are coming out dark blue, everything looks a bit off and my start button is a horrid yellow green colour.
Its not the monitor settings as I have fiddled about with them, have I done something stupid???

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline michaelp

• Site Member
Re: lost the colour
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »
Most times I've seen this it has been a fault in the connection between PC and monitor.  Have you checked that the cable between monitor and PC is definitely connected correctly?  Also, check the pins on the plugs at either end of the monitor cable and make sure none have been flattened.  If the pins look fine (you'll tell if not, they typically get squashed to the side or bottom of the connection), and the cable connection seems fine, then try borrowing someone else's screen and see if it occurs with theirs.  If so, its your graphics card, and you could try opening your PC up again and reseating it (unscrew, pull out, plug back in again) - long shot though.