Author Topic: printer playing up  (Read 824 times)

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
printer playing up
« on: March 19, 2008, 02:34:38 PM »
I don't know whats happening. I think it may be on it's last legs.

But it's typical why do they always start playing up when you need them the most. I handed in my notice without another job to go to. (long story, but in the end i could put up with one woman's treatment of me any longer) So now I'm looking for another one that fits in around school hours, and they don't come along that often. So when i do find one in the paper today and phone the bloke and he is willing to be flexable with the hours, despite advertising slightly different ones. Why oh why does the printer start printing half the text of my CV off the page.  >:D   >:D  It starts of OK at the top of the page then half way down it starts making all sorts of funny noises and moved the text 3 inches to the left.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Re: printer playing up
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:55:05 PM »
Since having Vista on my new PC, NEITHER of my printers work with it, one will print in PINK only the other in GREEN.  I've contacted Epson and they've talked me through removing the printers and starting from scratch, but it's still the same, so I plugged them back in with my XP computer and they work fine, so I haven't a clue whats happening either.

So I went out and bought a laser colour printer and it works fine!.......very strange!

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »
  >:( This is Epson as well although we haven't changed the programming we still have XP.

I did hear ages ago that some manufactures are now putting chips into the electronics that will stop them working after a set period of time. (But i can't remember who it was now), Extreamly sneaky but it doesn't surprise me though and it would explaine why our last printer just stoped dead without any reason.

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:40:10 PM »
Some printers (not all) use a long thin piece of plastic film with fine vertical lines printed on it to work out where the printhead is during printing, they do this by counting the lines on the plastic film with a sensor as the printhead moves across the page. if the sensor or the film get dusty the printer looses track of the printhead and the writing will drift toward the margins.

Try blowing out the printer with an air duster

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss