Author Topic: Macbook  (Read 812 times)

Offline Emily

• Site Member
  • Crystal <3
    • http://www.molkara-cockerspaniels.piczo.com
Macbook
« on: April 05, 2008, 09:12:58 AM »
Hiya everyone, yesterday i got my new macbook delivered but as i'm used to normal pcs i have i few questions as i didn't realise how different Macs are! ph34r
First of all whats the substitute for microsoft word and where do i find it? :huh:
second of all how do I save a picture from say photobucket as my desktop background?
andddd how do i chose a screen saver? (or at least add one!)

thanks for you help  :D

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Re: Macbook
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:38:22 PM »
I bought one just a couple of weeks ago, and now really wish I hadn't.  None of my programs work with it  >:(  Thinking of selling it and buying a normal laptop with Vista on.

You have to buy Mac Office for things like word etc.

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 01:41:07 PM »
Click on the blue magnifying glass in the top RH corner and enter a key word for whatever you need to find eg. Word. My imac came with Word on it.  The symbol is a large squidgy W on the toolbar.
 To change screen saver ; click the apple, then system preferences, follow the instructions on Desktop/screensaver icon.    Have you loaded any of your own photos to iPhoto, if so , it will tell you what to do.
I find macs simple, they assume ignorance and tell you in simple english what to do, and never crash.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Emily

• Site Member
  • Crystal <3
    • http://www.molkara-cockerspaniels.piczo.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 04:31:17 PM »
oh thanks you :D