Author Topic: Help with my ipod - malfunction  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Spangles

• Site Member
Help with my ipod - malfunction
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
Was trying to upload some new tunes onto my ipod last week and there was a little pop up message saying "portable device malfunction".  Tried again in another USB port but still the same problem. 

I thought there may be a connection problem with the wire that attaches it to the computer so I got a friend to lend me her wire but that didn't make any differences - still getting the same pop up message every time I try.

It was working fine until this problem arose and I have tried it on my daughters laptop and my other daughters PC and the same pop up occurs.

The ipod is still working OK and it is charging up OK I just can't put any new tunes on it (and it isn't even half full yet >:D), anyone had a similar problem or any idea what the problem could be.

Thanks
Love me, love my dogs

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
Re: Help with my ipod - malfunction
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 03:51:10 PM »
No idea.  But have you done a search on the Apple website for troubleshooting help?
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Spangles

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 03:56:52 PM »
Yes I had a look but my problem wasn't on there.  My OH said - "Oh, its broke" (not much help there then!), but my brother said he didn't think they could break.  I don't know whether thats true??

I also asked my Son-in-Law, who is usually the one I turn to in a computer crisis and even he can't help me.

Love me, love my dogs

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 03:58:32 PM »
Try this website:

http://www.ilounge.com/

Penny told me about this website when I was trying to do something with my ipod and I found the answer on there.

Good Luck - hope you get it fixed.
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Spangles

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 04:11:02 PM »
Thanks Jen

Will have a look tonight when I get home - am at work at the moment, supposed to be working :005:

Better get back to it.

Thanks again.
Love me, love my dogs

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »
I know that when I thought my old shuffle had died I did a bit of browsing and came up with a patch to fix it. It's as good as new now. So I bet you will be able to find something to fix yours.

I do think they can break though! ;)

Offline Dannyt

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 07:07:54 AM »
Ive broken two !!!
usually a reset fixes most things but they an a@S? to reset