Author Topic: Uploading slideshow from disc to host sites  (Read 956 times)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Uploading slideshow from disc to host sites
« on: April 29, 2008, 10:17:04 AM »
Just created my first ever slideshow  and want to share :D .

Will my Photobucket free account let me upload a 9 minute slidehow that I have created with Adobe Photoshop, or will I have to upgrade? Do I have to use their create slideshow programme online? Do I have to save it in any particular format? (I think I've used PAL   :-\ )Photobucket is down for maintenance atm so can't check.

If not, then  can anyone recommend an alternative host site. The keyword for me is free  :shades: .
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Uploading slideshow from disc to host sites
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:20:44 AM »
The only bit of that I understood was the last sentence ph34r ph34r :005:  I use One True Media for my slideshows but it maybe isn't enough for what you need :-\
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline happydog

• Site Member
Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements and photobucket
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 10:33:24 AM »
The only bit of that I understood was the last sentence ph34r ph34r :005:  I use One True Media for my slideshows but it maybe isn't enough for what you need :-\
I didn't think it was that technical  ph34r  :005:
Sheryil, is One True Media free? Do you have to create your slideshows online using their site or on your pc before you upload with your own editing programmes?

OK so I have changed the thread title and shall reword my question.

How do I get a slideshow from Adobe Photoshop Elements onto a free image hosting site? Step by step instructions please!  :blink:
happydog

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 11:19:32 AM »
Free accounts on Photobucket only allow videos of upto 5 mins in length, so you'd need to upgrade. Alternatively you could put it on Youtube or Dailymotion for free. All sites have step by step instructions, it's not too much different to loading a photo onto photobucket - but takes a lot longer as the video has to be compressed and encoded. Do you know how large the file size is, as there are restrictions ? The longer the video the more it will need to be compressed, so there might be a big loss in quality.

I'm not sure about PAL format - if you need to change it you could do it with Windows Movie Maker ( a free programme that you probably already have on your PC in 'accessories'.)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:21:40 AM »
Yes it is free but you have to do the slideshow on their site.  TBH I did find it better than photobucket :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »
Thanks Colin. Perhaps Youtube is the way to go then  :-\.
I had no idea this would take me so long!
 I think it's about 5.44 KB on disc.

Yes it is free but you have to do the slideshow on their site.  TBH I did find it better than photobucket :blink:
The reason I didn't do it on site with Photobucket was that there was a maximum of 30 pics and I have double that  ph34r. I have Photoshop and it is fab to use, although there is so much more to learn with it. Perhaps OneTrueMedia is better, but am not going to start creating it again, it has taken me ages!  :005: I might try them if I ever get round to doing another.
happydog