Author Topic: saving a short clip  (Read 836 times)

Offline LisaB

saving a short clip
« on: January 13, 2009, 03:09:12 PM »
Wonder if someone can help me.  Someone sent me a short clip, with no little paper clip attachment for me to open, rather the clip was further down in the email, set on repeat.  How do I save this as a clip?  When I right click, I just get "save picture as", this isn't saving the video is it? What do I do and where on the computer should I save it? :huh:

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
Re: saving a short clip
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 03:23:34 PM »
I presume you know the source of the email and the attachment is OK.

Right click on the paper clip and it will bring up a menu with the name of the file and "save attachment."  This will bring up another menu.  At the bottom there will be "save to" and a folder to where you can save the attachment.  It will also have "browse," so that you can save the file to another folder on your PC.   When you have chosen where to save the file just click on save, and your video clip will be saved there.

Offline LisaB

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »
Oh yes, I can watch the "film" in the email. There's no paper clip, the "film" is in the body of the email?

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »
Sorry, I thought you meant the paper clip was further down.

The clip is probably linked to a site like Photobucket, in which case you can't save it to your PC as a video clip.  It will only be saved as a picture if you right click on it.  It will have been sent like this because it would have been too big to send as an email attachment.

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 03:43:06 PM »
When you right click to save it does it give you an option to save the file type as? (eg. JPEG, AVI)

If it does, save as AVI, this should save the video!

My Girls - Molly & Honey