Author Topic: Dog Bags ...  (Read 801 times)

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
Dog Bags ...
« on: June 22, 2005, 01:48:34 PM »
Hi All,

I remember ready on this site last year (when Daisy was a pup and too small for this) about 'dog bags' where you zip your wet Cocker inside or a while and they come out nice and dry like magic!!   :P

I know its summer but I want to get one to get daisy used to it before the wet Autumn starts again (always thinking ahead me!!)

Where do I get one? I'm sure Molo's Mum put a website on here last year but I can't find it for love nor money!!   :blink:

Cheers.
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Dog Bags ...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 06:46:32 PM »
I can't find the old post either  :rolleyes:

Dri-bags - Ultimate Animals
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Bonnie

• Site Member
Dog Bags ...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 07:11:50 PM »
Hi there

Thanks for asking this question and for the reply. :D

I was very interested in getting one of these - but sort of forgot and then the weather got better - would be v. interested to hear what you all think of them :huh:  and if they are a definite buy for the winter.

Cheers

Bonnie

Sue H

Dog Bags ...
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 07:20:12 PM »
I have got one - mine is made by Wagga - but I have to say that I don't use it much nowadays ...

I got my two a pair of coats with fleecy linings and ordinary cotton tops (not the waxed sort) and I find that these absorb a lot of the wetness whilst keeping the doggies mobile and warm - a good towelling-off usually sorts the legs out, but unless they are completely exhausted, they don't think much of being incapacitated inside a 'dog bag' and usually try to squirm around the house like an enormous grub or something !!

Their coats are quick and easy to put on, and because of the fleecy inner, take the moisure away from the coat - they are easy to wash and dry and I think are a lot more versatile than the bags ....  the dogs can also groom themselves and get stuff out of their paws etc whilst wearing them which they can't do with a bag ....

I have heard some reports of the zips on the bags jamming, which can be fairly frustrating I imagine, although mine works fine ....

Penel

Dog Bags ...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 11:17:45 PM »
How do people make their dogs stay still while in those bags - mine would go bananas - would leap around and fall over no doubt causing themselves an injury.  You definitely cannot put them in one in the car either - there is a warning on them to say that.
I have towelling coats for mine too - two are from www.countrymun.co.uk and the others I made myself out of towels !

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Dog Bags ...
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 12:38:12 PM »
How do people make their dogs stay still while in those bags - mine would go bananas - would leap around and fall over no doubt causing themselves an injury. 

I use ours after his bath - Molo gets a cuddle while in his bag and loves it!

He only ever struggled the first time for a few seconds - then realised he couldn't move and settled down perfectly :)

I do use it after wet walks to; when we get back to the car, he gets popped in his bag in his crate for 10 minutes while I change shoes, take waterproofs off etc - then he comes out of the bag to drive home  :) It stops those muddly shakes halfway home that pebbledash the boot  :lol:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Bonnie

• Site Member
Dog Bags ...
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 01:33:23 PM »
How do people make their dogs stay still while in those bags - mine would go bananas - would leap around and fall over no doubt causing themselves an injury. 

I use ours after his bath - Molo gets a cuddle while in his bag and loves it!

He only ever struggled the first time for a few seconds - then realised he couldn't move and settled down perfectly :)

I do use it after wet walks to; when we get back to the car, he gets popped in his bag in his crate for 10 minutes while I change shoes, take waterproofs off etc - then he comes out of the bag to drive home  :) It stops those muddly shakes halfway home that pebbledash the boot  :lol:
[snapback]133453[/snapback]

Thanks for this :)  - that's what I was intending to buy it for - just bought a new car and would be nice to keep clean for just a little longer.

Doesn't it seem funny talking about mud and wet when we are all so hot!!!!  :blink:  

Thanks for all the above comments have been really useful. :D

Bonnie