Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2625 times)

Offline bmthmark

Hi
« on: October 25, 2019, 10:31:16 AM »
Morning All ,

I realise I haven't posted for ages and as this forum was so helpful for me and Jett in the puppy stages I thought i'd give you an update.

Jett is now 3 years old, he is one crazy cocker spaniel. When I say crazy I mean absolutely mental  :happydance:. I was thinking by now he would of chilled out a bit, but no not with Jett  :005:. He is that crazy, people actually think he is still a puppy!
He just loves other dogs (especially cockers) and he loves people.
He is a clever dog as he knows he is not doing a job/training he knows he can enjoy himself. But as soon as I need him to do something, he does it and he does it very well. He seems to take good satisfaction for completing a task, this could be a retrieval or a simple task like getting my slippers (haha).

We are still working on the gundog training and he has passed his bronze award and we are working towards silver.

6 months ago we started another evening training course, this is more of an obedience training. The aim is to work up from bronze to gold. Its quite good as it reinforces the basic training as I was finding that over time I was being a bit lazy and not doing the correct commands. So its a good reminder for me and also Jett. He has his good citizen test coming up so hopefully he can pass that.

Like all dogs none of them are perfect, he still barks  >:D and goes crazy when I let him out the back door. I've tried everything but he still does this. Putting him on a lead stops this, until I take him off the lead.
Lead walking has always been a problem as he is such a puller, off lead he is good and will stick by me, on lead he needs to be ahead.

Anyway enough of my waffling, hope you are all well and enjoying this beautiful breed of dog.

This is a recent pic of the scary beast :004:
20180805_160536" border="0

Offline ips

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 12:25:17 PM »
Hi mark
Sounds like your having a great time with jett 👍
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline IonaD

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »
Loving those curls!! He’s a handsome chap!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 01:10:31 PM »
Yeps those curls....we humans pay good money for curls like that!!
Lovely update
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 03:44:32 PM »
Such a handsome chap with his gorgeous curls  :luv: :luv: Fab update :D
Stephanie and Hamish xx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 06:21:21 PM »
Hi Mark, good to hear from you! Glad to hear Jett‘s doing so well, not only clever but handsome with it!!  :luv:
Best of luck with the next stage of the award - we‘re training very hard at the moment for the „Hundeführerschein“ which, I think, is probably the German equivalent and have our examination next week. Let us know how Jett gets on, crossing fingers and paws for you!  :D

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 06:42:01 PM »
Hi mark
Sounds like your having a great time with jett 👍

Hi Ian

Hope you are well?
Yes having a great time with Jett.

Mark

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 06:49:11 PM »
Thank you everyone  :D

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 06:52:57 PM »
Hi Mark, good to hear from you! Glad to hear Jett‘s doing so well, not only clever but handsome with it!!  :luv:
Best of luck with the next stage of the award - we‘re training very hard at the moment for the „Hundeführerschein“ which, I think, is probably the German equivalent and have our examination next week. Let us know how Jett gets on, crossing fingers and paws for you!  :D

Hi ya

Good to hear from you as well. Please to hear your still training as well, I think it's good for them and also us humans  :D
Good luck for you next week. Please let us know how you get on.

Offline ips

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »
Very well thanks mark
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 09:40:46 PM »
Hya Mark, good to hear from you and the lovely Jett. Good luck with your Good Citizens, I really enjoyed doing it with my boys, as it taught them (& me) what they needed to know, not only obedience, but good manners, care of your dog etc.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 03:06:18 PM »
Hya Mark, good to hear from you and the lovely Jett. Good luck with your Good Citizens, I really enjoyed doing it with my boys, as it taught them (& me) what they needed to know, not only obedience, but good manners, care of your dog etc.

Hi, I didn't relaise other places did the same 'Good Citizens' training scheme. You are right its good as you learn about other things as well like caring for your dog (illness,grooming etc) and also good manners.
I just like to get him involved in things to keep his mind busy. Also its good to learn new training commands.

Nice to hear from you  :D

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 05:35:57 PM »

Hi, I didn't relaise other places did the same 'Good Citizens' training scheme. You are right its good as you learn about other things as well like caring for your dog (illness,grooming etc) and also good manners.
I just like to get him involved in things to keep his mind busy. Also its good to learn new training commands.

Nice to hear from you  :D

Oh yes Good Citizens is a nationwide scheme with loads of people and their dogs involved.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.