Author Topic: What do dogs dream about?  (Read 1478 times)

Offline milo's mum

• Site Member
    • http://www.pearshape.co.uk
What do dogs dream about?
« on: February 21, 2004, 07:39:01 PM »
Milo's the happiest little dog you could meet. He is just totallly enthusiatic about everything and everybody, but when he dreams he wimpers and squeaks and makes noises that he never makes when he is awake.

Yesterday evening was was sleeping on my lap, started dreaming and became agitated that I had to wake him up.

Perhaps he is dreaming about next door's cat getting even?

Jacke and Milo.                    
Jackie, Steve and Milo.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 07:48:13 PM »
I like to think my Brook dreams of rabbits. In his younger days, he used to love chasing them and could sniff one out from miles away. But now, if one was to run past him in the park, he wouldn't even notice - its quite sad really :(  Vegas has taken over as chief rabbit chaser so he probably dreams of chasing rabbits into the sea while holding his tennis ball :roll:  Not quite sure what the black whinger dreams about - his next meal probably :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 09:22:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure Daisy and Jazz are dreaming of cream cakes and sausages  :lol: Dont know why... just a hunch  :lol:                    

Offline Shell

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 08:26:17 AM »
My Bailey is also like that Jacke. I have woken him a few times. I always get a dirty look and often a grumble but obviously they don't understand that we only do it because were concerned about them.  

What often concerns me is that he breaths very heavily and seems very agitated and I wonder if he's stressed by it.

On a lighter note I'm sure I can tell when he dreams about running - his little legs twitch alternatly just like he is running :)

Shell & Bailey                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 10:29:30 AM »
Butty dreams about full moons and being a werewolf  :shock: because she howls in her sleep  :?  and when I say howl I mean soulful HOWLING  :shock: She does it so loud she has actually woken my kids up late at night  :shock: and I had to try and explain to them that it was Butty dreaming and NOT a werewolf  :wink:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 01:17:40 PM »
:D Indie dreams of her long strolls along the beach, chasing sticks and balls with her b/friend "Blue" to be followed by a romantic slap up doggie picnic for two of puffed pigs snouts and cheese 8)  Thankfully she would wake up, just in time, to put the "Girls Only" and  "Do not disturb" sign up on her crate door :lol:  Shes such a tease, poor Blue :wink:                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 01:45:40 PM »
Nell dreams of walks with her two boyfriends, Blue and Jet. and her cousin Indie :D

Then she dreams of food food and more food.  :lol:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 01:56:41 PM »
Blue dreams of his little harem - Indie and Nell :lol:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 05:55:13 PM »
Bailey used to dream like that too when he was younger, but now, he's more peaceful. I wonder as well, what DO they dream about?                    
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

ziggy

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 11:45:17 PM »
jasper dreams of his mom not catching him ripping the bin bags open,,and pinching the bread of the counter in the kitchen,,,DOH!!!!                    

Offline Katherine

• Site Member
    • http://www.howellsdesign.co.uk/katherine//
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 11:32:35 AM »
We had that just last night. Barnaby was asleep by the sofa and suddenly started twitching and shaking and opening his mouth. He started groaning too (although he groans most of the time anyway  :roll: ) We thought he might be dreaming about being chased because his legs were going in a running motion. We didn't want to touch him incase it interfered with his dream and scared him. He also sleeps with his eyes wide open and moving, is this normal? :?                    
Katherine and Barnaby