Author Topic: agility at cippenham, slough  (Read 1360 times)

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
agility at cippenham, slough
« on: May 26, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »
Took Ellie to Cippenham yesterday, decided to only do the anysize jumping class as they only had combined medium classes1-7, as she is measuring at times ,didn't want to over face her. There were a lot of no shows out of a class of 95(can't compete in any other classes that day) as it was very wet early on, so i didn't have to wait long. She did a lovely clear round  :luv:,but she is slow still, the judge had an optimum time for the course, so was so surprised when they announced that she had come 5th, worth getting wet for, then the rain let up and the sun shone for a while. There were other cocker's there, i believe they are not COL members, all doing well in their classes especially Sue from Somerset with her Tamarino Cocker's can't remember there names and her husband was helping run them too, well done to them to.

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
Re: agility at cippenham, slough
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 08:21:01 AM »
Hi Jackie

Fantastic news and well done you on the placing.  First rosette of many I am sure!

Sue's medium cocker is our Dylan's mother - she has fantastic success with her cockers and has been our voice of encouragement on many an occassion.

So when is the next show?

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:36:02 AM »
hi rosie,
she did tell me that, lovely dogs aren't they, she gave me some good advice, take it slowly, it will pay off in the long run and enjoy yourself. our next show is UKA at witney 15th june, followed by a KC show at watford 21st june were we wil be in a graded 1-3 class ,both are local for me

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »
Will possibly see you at Watford then - long journey for us but it has the Euk qualifiers for Spice so have a way to go.  Good luck in the meantime!

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline flyingspaniel

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »
Well done Jackie, I often think they prefer the wet and mud anyway!  :luv:

Sue Chapman is lovely and has also given me the motivation to continue, she has such a sympathetic way of running her dogs.

Have you tried gridwork with Ellie to help her with her jumping?
Mine can knock quite a few poles and take off miles away (in an attempt to fly I reckon) but gridwork has really helped her with her striding and confidence resulting in more speed and independence. Just a thought.
x
Educated by Abby x

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »
Well done Jackie and Ellie.

We met at Vyne Agility Show at Newbury a few weeks ago and you told me about COL, so thanks for that. Hope to see you at Witney next month.

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 10:38:18 PM »
thanks for your help, will give it a go next training session.

hi elaine welcome to COL , look out for you next month. we  are doing a agility demonstration on saturday at our local young farmers show at bledlow in bucks, should be fun, last time at a fete ellie ended up in the refreshment tent, :005:we will see how she is this time after the winter doing search and rescue.
Jackie