Author Topic: William is a winner!  (Read 1317 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
William is a winner!
« on: June 15, 2008, 12:24:57 PM »
Great day yesterday at the UKA Show at Witney. We were lucky enough to have very small classes, only 6 or 7 in the midi height Beginner's classes and we came -

1st in Beginner's Jumping (red rosette and small glass trophy).
2nd in Beginner's Steeplechase (blue rosette, £15 voucher from Dog Games as they sponsored the class, and we qualified for the Dog Games final in August).
4th in Beginner's Agility (green rosette). That's usually our best class because William is so good with his weaves and contacts, but he had 5 faults at the very first jump. I think I set him up for his wait at the start too close to the jump.

Definitely our best show so far, not just because we had some success but because William tries so very hard for me. Our trainer describes him as a very honest dog and I think that's a good description.

I only saw 2 other Cocker owners there and told one of them about this forum. So hello to the owner of orange roan Amy and member of the Gundog Agility League if you see this.

Offline Boof

• Site Member
Re: William is a winner!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 12:30:28 PM »
Well done!  :D

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »
What a successful day for you both - huge congratulations  :D
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »
 WELL DONE William and Elaine, sorry we missed you yesterday, but we were there today,3 lovely fair beginners coarses, Ellie came 2nd in agility, 3rd in jumping, 4th in steeplechase all clear and within the time just.Only about 10 in each class ,only a few of us managed clear rounds too, had to work hard with Ellie as she made wide turns, hence the slow times we got.
Jackie

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 05:46:46 PM »
Well Done both  :blink:

Offline flyingspaniel

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 06:42:53 PM »
Well done both of you, that should keep you smiling all week

:lol2:  :shades:  :blink:
Educated by Abby x

Offline AnnaB

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »
Well done  :shades:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »
WELL DONE William and Elaine, sorry we missed you yesterday, but we were there today,3 lovely fair beginners coarses, Ellie came 2nd in agility, 3rd in jumping, 4th in steeplechase all clear and within the time just.Only about 10 in each class ,only a few of us managed clear rounds too, had to work hard with Ellie as she made wide turns, hence the slow times we got.
Jackie
Well done Jackie and Ellie. Just as well for me and William that you were there today as our 2nd in steeplechase yesterday was with 5 faullts, so you would have pushed us down a place!