Author Topic: Agility  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Tiggs

• Ollie
Agility
« on: July 14, 2008, 09:30:32 PM »
Not sure if I'm on the right forum, but we wanted to know if Ollie >:D has to have papers to be able to participate in Agility comps? Any advice would be welcome.

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
Re: Agility
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »
Hi Tiggs

You do not have to have papers to compete in agility but the rules differ depending on the body organising the shows.

KC shows used to be the only shows but are not any more.  To enter a KC show your dog needs to be registered with the KC.  If you do not have breed papers you can register your dog on the working trials register.  If you go to the kennel club website www.the-kennel-club.org uk and do a search under working trials register you will find the information.

If you chose to compete at non KC "unaffiliated" shows then the rules differ according to the organisation.  Most require you to register with that organisation eg UKA / EMDAC but sdo not require the dog to be a pedigree.  I am not sure about most of these but if you look at show schedules they should say what they require for people to enter.

You can find details of up and coming shows at:

www.agilitynet.co.uk

If you train with a club they may have some forms for application for registration on the KC working trials or information on the organisations which run shows near to you,  Some organisations are still quite limited in geographical areas where they run shows.  Hope that this is clear and enjoy competing

Rosie

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline Tiggs

• Ollie
Re: Agility
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:19:53 AM »
Thanks for the info & link. ;)
Have had a look and found one about 4 miles from home, will go & see them.
I think Ollie >:D, bless him :005: has the alertness to be able to do it, ( if he feels like it ) :embarassed:.
Will let you know how he gets on if we follow it through.
Thanks once again.
Babs.