Author Topic: agility  (Read 1035 times)

Offline TRACY KING

agility
« on: October 30, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »
Can anyone plz help me find out how to do agility, And can working cockers do it

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
Re: agility
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 03:58:34 PM »
Any dog can do it as far as i know - i'm not sure if some clubs have an age limit of 12 months though - sure someone else would be able to advise on that.

I would google agility clubs in your area or ask at your local vets for clubs!

L&O x

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 04:34:59 PM »
Look on the web site www.agilitynet.com. They have a link that goes to an alphabetical list of agility clubs, so you should be able to find the ones nearest to where you live.

Most clubs will only take dogs over 12 months old and your dog needs to have basic obedience like recalls pretty well established.

I do agility with my show bred Cocker William. He's pretty reliable but not very fast (but neither am I, so we're well matched). I think working Cockers are usually faster, but perhaps not so easy to get focussed.

Find the right club and I'm sure you'll have a great time. I think it's one of the best things for really building up a good bond with your dog.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:53:48 PM »
we have a few working cockers at our club - they are really good, very fast and quick to learn.  hope you find a local club
Bens mum