Author Topic: AGILITY & KENNEL CLUB REGISTRATION  (Read 1624 times)

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
AGILITY & KENNEL CLUB REGISTRATION
« on: January 04, 2009, 03:07:27 PM »
I've just started agility training with Misha, and I hope to be able to start competing at some point.  Please bear with me as I know nothing about agility and need someone to point me in the right direction. In order to compete I need:

(1) To get her measured and to be able to compete in any KC Agility comps I need to register her on the Kennel Club Activity Register
(2) In order to compete I will need to get her measured once she's over 15 months (and I will need a KC Record Book)

I've had a look at the form for the KC Activity Register where it asks for information about the breeder, whilst this isn't a problem it also asks for their signture etc, is this really necessary.  Just want to make sure that I'm filling in the right forms etc.

Any advice/direction would be appreciated.

Karen
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: AGILITY & KENNEL CLUB REGISTRATION
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 03:14:29 PM »
If a dog is a KC registered pedigree, then I didn't think that there was a need to place the dog on the Activity Register as well; I thought that the KC registration was sufficient  :huh:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:37:31 PM »
She's not KC registered, didn't need it as I wasn't planning to show

Offline workingcockerfan

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:42:01 PM »
I don't really know much about it but I assume it would not need the breeder's signature as a lot of rescues etc are on the activity register and clearly a lot of them have no known history.

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 11:58:25 PM »
Hi,

The most recent dog I registered on the activity register was my Mum's CKCS on the activity register a couple of years ago.  The form has changed a little I think (e.g. I dont recall naming an activity for her), but is mostly the same.

She's a rehome and I don't know who bred her.  If I remember rightly I just filled in everything I was able to (a choice of names, breed, colour and sex).  Everything else is left blank as it's an unknown.   I used Form 5:  http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/378/form5.pdf  There are some guidelines attached to it which explain in more detail how to fill out the form.

If you do know the breeder and can get them (and the stud dog owner if not the same person) to sign the registration papers it means you can register her D. O. B., parentage, etc.  The form you would need would depend on whether her sire and dam are on the breed register or not.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 10:39:37 AM »
Hi,

The most recent dog I registered on the activity register was my Mum's CKCS on the activity register a couple of years ago.  The form has changed a little I think (e.g. I dont recall naming an activity for her), but is mostly the same.

She's a rehome and I don't know who bred her.  If I remember rightly I just filled in everything I was able to (a choice of names, breed, colour and sex).  Everything else is left blank as it's an unknown.   I used Form 5:  http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/378/form5.pdf  There are some guidelines attached to it which explain in more detail how to fill out the form.

If you do know the breeder and can get them (and the stud dog owner if not the same person) to sign the registration papers it means you can register her D. O. B., parentage, etc.  The form you would need would depend on whether her sire and dam are on the breed register or not.

Thanks for that - I'd had a look at the form, but it didn't suggest that you could leave bits out, which was confusing as I know a lot of rescue dogs do compete. 

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 05:12:47 PM »
You're welcome.  Yes, just leave out the unknowns  ;)  Hope you get the name you'd like and Good Luck when you start competing  :blink:

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 06:17:47 PM »
You're welcome.  Yes, just leave out the unknowns  ;)  Hope you get the name you'd like and Good Luck when you start competing  :blink:

Its early days yet as we've only been to a couple of classes, but its something that I hope to do with both dogs.  Misha's coming up to 14months so I want to get the measuring thing out of the way when she's 15 months.  Hopefully by the summer we'll be able to go to few competitions.  Can't wait, just wonder whether its as nerve racking as a dressage test.

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 08:58:37 PM »
if you can get her kc registered its not just for showing there is a cost attached to it though

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 06:03:21 PM »

Hopefully by the summer we'll be able to go to few competitions.  Can't wait, just wonder whether its as nerve racking as a dressage test.

Hope you enjoy your competitions.  The nice thing about getting them registered early is that you can enter them N.F.C. (at shows that allow it) so they can get used to a show environment before they actually compete  :blink: .  TBH the only reason the CKCS is registered is so she is 'legal' to go NFC to obedience shows with us  :005: