Author Topic: Agility  (Read 1082 times)

Offline KatieJean

Agility
« on: March 31, 2009, 08:58:35 PM »

We have just been to the last of our puppy training and they did agility just for fun.
Willow and Bracken thoroughly enjoyed it and so did I!
As oh has to have an op on his shoulder soon so will be out of action for a while I thought it would be good to have some equipment in the garden.
If you have purchased any where did you buy it'
Thanks

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Re: Agility
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »
Hi there
I have a tunnel, a jump and some weave poles - all bought from PAH when on special offer!  :005:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »
My dad made our jumps and we got the tunnel from ebay i think. All the rest is proper stuff from Premier I'm afraid which is quite expensive and takes up a lot of room. I think you can get starter garden sets from ebay for a reasonable price.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:15:52 AM »
I recently bought some weaves and all weather jumps from  www.jump4joyagility.co.uk
Service was excellent and delivery very quick. They have a good selection of agility equipment.  Unfortunately my garden or pocket is not large enough for some of the bigger pieces of equipment.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline black taz

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »
i bought my poles off ebay (only 6 rather than the standard 12 but have a small garden).  Am going to ask dad to make me a couple of jumps and will probably see if i can get a tunnel (i suppose a kids play tunnel will do it doesnt have to be full length.  I use the footstool in the lounge to practice the table/sit/down!

Oh, i also sat on the floor last night with my knees bent and got him jumping over them - he thought it was great fun!

Offline mcphee

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »
I got the 6 weave poles online, but it was annoying moving them round the garden for mowing etc. Also, I think the garden is a bit too busy with distractions an it's where we play, so I am not sure how much they helped. Having said that they will be out of the garage again soon. Rufus is not strong on his weaves, although he has been remarkably good on everything else recently. I am sure it won't last.