Author Topic: Advice please? Flyball UPDATED-were going to be trying agility  (Read 2462 times)

Offline GillSarge

• Harley, Chester, Flint & Benson
Re: Advice please? Flyball
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 12:53:12 PM »
My dog Flint hates loud noises, when we did flyball he hated barking dogs! and still does.  So when he was running we'd make sure he wasn't running next to a yapper.  But to be honest once he got into it, the enjoyment of running down the jumps and getting the ball, as he's ball mad!! we soon found he just got on with it, and ignored the other dogs.  As for Comps we entered a few, but we didn't really like going.  I think agility is good, would love to take one of our others dogs, as he's very agile.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Advice please? Flyball
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 01:03:30 PM »
Well I met the agility instructor out with the dogs today and had a long chat with her. They no longer do flyball unfortunatly but she thinks i should give agaility a go.
She runs the beginners class and has invited us down on wednesday night to have a look around. Im going to take Flynn and just keep my distance a little from them and do some clicking with him to see how he reacts. She has said we are welcome to come down twice a week with him just to watch and get him used to the enviroment for as long as we want. Then when we think hes ready we can enrol in beginners which she teaches. Beginners is a twelve week course but she has said we can book just for six weeks and if he likes it can then book the next six.
She also said we can just do it for fun if we want and they will be more than happy to have Flynn in there classes even if he does take a while to do things and thats there will be no pressure. She said they can break things down really small for him and even if he never runs a full course and just practices on different things thats ok  :blink:
Im really excited about it  :D

excellent  :D  can't wait to hear the updates   :luv: :luv: 

hope you enjoy it Flynn, I think you'll love it, and will also love that bonding time with your mum  :luv:
helen & jarvis x