Author Topic: Working trials?  (Read 1100 times)

Offline sophiew

• Donator
Working trials?
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
Just out of interest, are there any cockers training or competing in Working Trials? The lady who runs the obedience club I train at is very keen and currently competing with her beardie X in Working Trials, it's something I had a play at with my lab but he could only do parts of the training because of his bad joints, so he could do the tracking / search square but not the scale etc. Are cockers allowed to compete?

Sophie
x

Offline riotous_uk

• Druidale GSDs and SWDs
Re: Working trials?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »
Cockers can compete and up to UD stake, the jumps cna be lowered for them. Above UD, they will have to do the full height jumps i.e 3ft clear jumps, 6 ft scale and a 9ft long jump.
Pauline
Member APDT 660
Pawsitively Dogs

Offline sophiew

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »
Thank you. She's quite springy, but 9' long jump sounds llonnnnng! We'll enjoy the training though, so maybe once she's grown up we'll give the training a go!

Thanks

Sophie
x

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 12:18:47 PM »
...9' long jump sounds llonnnnng!

If she's under 15" the jumps will be 2ft clear, 4ft scale, 6ft long for her in CD and UD  ;)  However, in the new "Introductory stake" the jumps are even smaller (I think the scale is 3' 3" and long jump 4'; can't remember the clear?).

There are a few cockers competing  :blink:

Offline sophiew

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 12:19:56 PM »
Thank you! That's sounds hopeful - she's not fully grown yet but I don't think she'll be big

Sophie
x

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 12:22:58 PM »
Fingers crossed she'll stay below 15" then  :blink:.  I really loved training Storm for working trials but unfortunately I don't have regular access to jumps or to land for tracking (especially not in term time) so we haven't been able to do as much as I'd have liked to.