Author Topic: Verbally abusing the weaving poles  (Read 948 times)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Verbally abusing the weaving poles
« on: March 12, 2010, 08:43:12 AM »
I wondered if any of your cockers put on a performance at the weaving poles like Tilly does?  She is getting quite good at weaving through, but boy, does she give those poles some verbal abuse whilst she's about it!  :005:  She tends to yap all the way round in excitement, but saves her best "verbals" for the poles - she growls at them and really tells them off  :lol:.  Her growling at the poles causes great amusement at our training class amongst the owners of all the other quiet dogs ph34r  Is this just a quirk of Tilly's, or do your cockers give the poles some verbal abuse too?

She does also tend to growl when she's playing  ph34r which can alarm some owners, but all the dogs she plays with seem to know it's not real "growling" and that she's all mouth and no trousers.

Sue and Tilly

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Verbally abusing the weaving poles
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »

Honey is certainly at her most vocal at the weave poles....  :005:
I think it's cos she has to think and that annoys her!!  :005:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 09:05:05 AM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: Oh bless you Tilly!! That is hilarious- post a video if you can??

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 09:44:24 AM »
 :005: :005:

Dave's never done agility... it would be a disaster I know that, but I suspect he could well be as gobby as Tilly :lol:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »
Good ole Tilly, keeping up the typical gobby cocker doing agility  :005:

Oh Yes  :005:  It started when I used to say weave, weave, weave (12 times!) & Max would go bark, bark, bark (12 times!)
I don't say a word now but when he's hyped up we still have plenty of verbal going through them  ::)
Have to say though he does love the weaves & will go through them even when he doesn't have to  :005:
Agility is the only place where he gets gobby, but usually he's only answering me back  :lol2:

Look forward to seeing Miss Tilly in action  :luv:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 12:14:58 PM »
I'm glad to see it's not just Tilly!  She is so sweet and clearly enjoys her agility so much - just looking at her is to see a picture of pure enjoyment  :angel:  Julie, our trainer asks me if I've been feeding her smarties because she is so hyper  :005: ph34r

I'd love to video her antics - maybe when Emily can come with me in the Easter hols.

Sue and Tilly

Offline PennyB

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 12:18:43 PM »
One of instructors I see occasionally is very used to the gobby cockers so its not unusual it seems - when Roobs used to do hers (so sad she can't now) she would verbally abuse me the whole way round but in her case it was because she realised I wasn't givign the treats up till we'd finished :005:
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!