Author Topic: 2011... Agility  (Read 3748 times)

Offline JohnW

2011... Agility
« on: January 15, 2011, 06:41:31 PM »
Who's competing where this year..... Our season starts in February at the Hare n Hounds and I can't wait to get back into the ring. We are hoping to get to Scotland and Midlands this year too, but mostly the North East of England this year. Hopefully see some fellow Cols through the year.  :D ;)

Offline jla

Re: 2011... Agility
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »
Reah will start in April - mostly southern shows but some Midlands.  Am already starting to get nervously excited!

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »
Hopefully both Misha and Roly - though we may stick to ones close to home.  Had a reasonable time last year with plenty of clear rounds, just need to get a better handler  :lol2:
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline LinzHenz

• Puffy Fluppy Dog
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
got a few winter series independants...but i cant wait for the outdoor season. didnt realise how much i would miss it!
midlands shows for us
Linz & Henry Dog

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »
i cant wait for the outdoor season. didnt realise how much i would miss it!
midlands shows for us
Likewise.      Our 1st show  this season is feb 13 at cheltenham(UKA), march shows are booked,hope to be going to shows that are 50 mile radius of Oxford ,there are quite a few ;)

Offline BarbaraW

• Mum of Dennis, black 'n tan show cocker who dances
    • http://www.myspace.com/dennis_barbara
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 11:15:03 PM »
Our training club is licencing a new agility show in Scotland which will take placce at the beginning of April.  Will keep you updated of the details.

Offline JohnW

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 01:10:50 AM »
Excited seems to be the word  :005:  I had a dinner party tonight with a few of our agility Friends and we were like a bunch of kids rambling on about the season ahead lol ...... can't wait here too I'm afraid... nothing like the Buzz Waiting in that line before you run  ph34r and the feeling you get on the Judge giving you and your doggy partner the little "Clear" Applause and apprehension to see if your clear has made it into the rosettes or even a trophy lol.....  :D

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 07:04:45 AM »
This year might see Jade and my son put their first toe into the water so to speak. She has still yet to have her second measuring and i have to start looking around to find schedules for shows around the midlands. But hopefully they will get the courage to have a go at their first ever show. So during the summer if you see a black & white blur running out of the ring followed by a teenage boy come and say hello.

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 10:36:32 AM »
I'm planning to take it up again this year with Edna, where we are there are only about 1 or 2 shows within 1 1/2 hours of us and it looks like it's going to be hard to get a dog measured  :-\.
Cayley.

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 03:25:09 PM »
Our season will kick off in earnest after Crufts - training and a UKA on weekends before!!  Then we are off travelling th country - will be up as far as Nottingham again (OH judging) - probably head over Axstane way and aynwhere in between - we will be doing a fair few miles this summer -dieselprices permitting.

Although with no Caerphilly show I think that there is only 1 KC show within an hours journey to us anyway so we are kind of used to it -already thinking about dusting off the caravan and planning my weekends!

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline jla

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »
Our season will kick off in earnest after Crufts - training and a UKA on weekends before!!  Then we are off travelling th country - will be up as far as Nottingham again (OH judging) - probably head over Axstane way and aynwhere in between - we will be doing a fair few miles this summer -dieselprices permitting.

Although with no Caerphilly show I think that there is only 1 KC show within an hours journey to us anyway so we are kind of used to it -already thinking about dusting off the caravan and planning my weekends!

Know what you mean about the diesel prices - think that there will be less one dayers for us this year.

Is there no Caerphilly this year?

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 08:26:09 AM »
I'm looking forward to it too, only did one winter show so giving the girls a break before the summer series starts.  I'll be mainly around the midlands, going up to bakewell for a couple of shows and I really liked Catton Hall venue last year which I think is Swadlingcote, also the Warwick Races show was nice and small....only one ring!

I'm hoping to get Merfyn into some independant shows later in the year if they do classes for under 18months!  Hopefully there'll be some 15mth classes in August so Merfyn can enter!  He's been doing really well at his puppy agility classes already!  So confident with the tunnel and happy to go through the wings with the jump pole on the floor!  And his waits have really come along!  So proud of him.....So proud of all of them actually!

I LOVE AGILITY!!!!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 09:37:25 AM »
We'll be around the Midlands too, starting in April at Lincoln, which will be Harry's 1st outdoor show (he's done a couple of independent Winter shows)we'll probably stick to mainly KC shows again this year

This year might see Jade and my son put their first toe into the water so to speak. She has still yet to have her second measuring and i have to start looking around to find schedules for shows around the midlands. But hopefully they will get the courage to have a go at their first ever show. So during the summer if you see a black & white blur running out of the ring followed by a teenage boy come and say hello.
Hope to see you around. We're quite lucky in the Midlands with quite a few shows to chose from  :D
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 07:53:08 PM »
We will be around the Midlands and the Northern shows.

Plan to do some Hare & Hounds, Dog Vegas, shows at Bakewell, lovely Lune oh so many to choose

But a lot will depend on Diesel cost may limit going to far so will be keeping within 2 hours of South Cheshire

You will know if we are at a show as you will hear noisey Amy  :005:
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline black taz

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 10:16:18 PM »
I am thinking of doing some of the midlands EMDAC ones - depends on whether Taz does a runner once we get outside.  Have done 1 indoor one and another in Feb.  Kira will be old enough to compete at the end of March so i may give her a try as well - although as a lab she will be up against competition with collies.