Author Topic: 2011... Agility  (Read 3747 times)

Offline Freckle

Re: 2011... Agility
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 03:54:22 PM »
Been and got a new caravan (after rolling mine and destroying along with my car on the M5 last year).  So we are all geared up for some camping - but my sons GCSE final year so not staying away at too many until after end of June.

We willl however be starting the year off at Cornwall (other half towing it until I get a towing hitch on car and my confidence back  :'( )

Quite excited about living in my little Wendy house again and all those early mournings !!!!!!   lol.

See you all soon here there and everywhere.

Jane Freckle and Trubs

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 04:09:46 PM »
I would love to do competition with Bob we have been doing classes it all year round we started last march.
we have some lights up in the field and he has a flashing collar, some days we have been indoors
Bob is very good most of the time.... its me that lets him down  :005:
I would like to see what he is like with a good handler.. then i would know if it was me or not  :P

Offline JohnW

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »
I would love to do competition with Bob we have been doing classes it all year round we started last march.
we have some lights up in the field and he has a flashing collar, some days we have been indoors
Bob is very good most of the time.... its me that lets him down  :005:
I would like to see what he is like with a good handler.. then i would know if it was me or not  :P

its experience that makes a better handler ..... just keep trying and develop your own technique it does eventually come together, I was all over the place when I first started to compete 'it was embarrasing'  :embarassed:  ph34r  but in time we both began to develop and the wins soon followed ........  ;)

We have started our Agility season last week and Bailey won into grade 5 ......... he won the 4 to 7 class and had 3 more wins on top of that and a clear 2nd also........ I am so proud of him .......  :D

Offline emma_and_tilly

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 06:17:10 PM »
It sounds so exciting.........i've just phoned up about an agility club and am going to start going with Tilly after half term. I've NEVER done anything like this so will be asking for lots of tips!!

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
I've been doing agility with Tilly for about 18 months now and she really loves it.  We've only ever entered one competition and it was a complete disaster!  It was only a little fun show at our agility school, but Tilly got really fed-up with all the waiting around (we were there from about 8am until nearly 4pm and did just 2 runs) so that when it was her time to run she got completely over-excited and ran about like a lunatic jumping over anything in her way and running round and round in circles whilst barking hysterically  :005:  I added to the entertainment by falling over in mid run and in my hurry to get up and act cool I forgot which way to go  ph34r  Deeply truly embarrassing!  How do you experienced guys manage to get your dogs in the right frame of mind at the right time and how do they handle the long wait?  I think we'll stick with the classes where Tilly can get about 8 or 10 runs in over the hour and doesn't have the hanging about thing to do.  Good luck to you all in the competitions - I hope you don't fall over  ph34r :005:

Sue and Tilly

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 11:39:49 PM »
I've been doing agility with Tilly for about 18 months now and she really loves it.  We've only ever entered one competition and it was a complete disaster!  It was only a little fun show at our agility school, but Tilly got really fed-up with all the waiting around (we were there from about 8am until nearly 4pm and did just 2 runs) so that when it was her time to run she got completely over-excited and ran about like a lunatic jumping over anything in her way and running round and round in circles whilst barking hysterically  :005:  I added to the entertainment by falling over in mid run and in my hurry to get up and act cool I forgot which way to go  ph34r  Deeply truly embarrassing!  How do you experienced guys manage to get your dogs in the right frame of mind at the right time and how do they handle the long wait?  I think we'll stick with the classes where Tilly can get about 8 or 10 runs in over the hour and doesn't have the hanging about thing to do.  Good luck to you all in the competitions - I hope you don't fall over  ph34r :005:

Sue and Tilly

Believe me, we have all had those moments  ;) just adds to the fun of it all.  Everyone understands - there's nothing like your dog to take you down a peg or two  :lol2:, you just have to not take it too seriously. We only started competing last year and then only at unaffiliated competitions where things are a little more relaxed.  I've found that each time after we've had a break from training that the dogs seem to come back a little more confident and focussed in what they're doing.  Last year Misha did some good work consistently getting clear rounds and this year I'm hoping that my handling will be a bit better so that we can improve on our times.  For Roly I hope that he will be a bit more focussed - he likes to go and say hello to everyone in the beginning  (well it's only polite  :lol2:) - he loves an audience and it makes everyone smile as they can see that he's just having fun, and that's what it should be.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline LinzHenz

• Puffy Fluppy Dog
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »
is anyone going to the Monmouth show on 2nd Apr? is just for mini's and mediums. some foolish people who are averse to winning (they must be!) have asked me to be in a team event  :lol2: a good one for the spectators i reckon!!!!
Linz & Henry Dog

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »
We will be there - love the Wye Valley small medium show

Should be lots of fun!  Will have Spice, Ellie and Dylan running - have Dylan and Spice in the brace - will be interesting to see if Dyls will decide to run with me or go back to dad!!!

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 10:29:53 PM »
We will be there as well

Really enjoy this show it starts the out door season off for us plus Amy meets up with her Sisters and of course brother Dylan.

See you there Rosie & Martin

Aljeana
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline LinzHenz

• Puffy Fluppy Dog
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »
im in a brace with someone elses dog who is either incredibly fast / sniffs and wicks off / wont move! looks for the red face tall girl with the black cocker and white terrier!!!

havent been to that show, will be great to meet you guys! x
Linz & Henry Dog

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 05:56:24 PM »
Hi,
we will be doing all of the Southwest ones up as far as Gloucester I think!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline JohnW

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »
Anyone doing the Crufts qualifiers this year?

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »
Anyone doing the Crufts qualifiers this year?

I was hoping Rhys would do YKC qualifyers for crufts but he is away! Gutted!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »
What week long KC shows are there, the last show I went to was Supadogs and I think that's stopped now  :-\.
Cayley.

Offline JohnW

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »
anyone at Richmond North Yorks this sunday ?? hare n hounds show, there is always lots of cockers at those shows and I often wondered if any of them are Col'iers   :D