Author Topic: Agility Classes  (Read 1086 times)

Offline c19unn

• Donator
Agility Classes
« on: October 02, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »
Hi Guys
Can anyone advise what agility classes are and if Diesel would be able to go to them ?
Does your dog need to be a certain age? Also will he need to be trained to any specific level before he can go to agility classes?
Thanks Charlene
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline The crazy hut

• Donator
  • I looooove chocklit
Re: Agility Classes
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »
There are a couple of clubs in our area.

Remind me on the walk and I'll tell you about them  :D
Wisp, Perri and Ambi

Offline black taz

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 02:56:20 PM »
Cockers can usually start agility around 1 year old (but some clubs start cockers around 10 months).    As long as he is reasonably trained (sit, stay, recall, etc) then he should get on fine.  To be honest, it is harder for the handler than the dog :005: most dogs love it

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 08:11:19 AM »
Cockers can usually start agility around 1 year old (but some clubs start cockers around 10 months).    As long as he is reasonably trained (sit, stay, recall, etc) then he should get on fine.  To be honest, it is harder for the handler than the dog :005: most dogs love it

Agree with all of this too!  Def. harder on the handler!  :005:  But it's great fun!

Our club starts from about 5 months but that's with just tunnels, jump poles on the floor, dog walk on the floor etc so the young dogs get used to the kit and mainly work on their waits and recalls around the agility kit!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!