Author Topic: Gundog club grade one and two tests  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
Re: Gundog club grade one and two tests
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 10:09:04 PM »
how did you do John?

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline JohnW

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 10:28:12 PM »
It was mainly training and advice today, there was a couple of dogs that were put through their grade one I believe and 1 of those got 100% pass. I only paid for the training part as I fealt Raven and I would benefit from this plus I would be unable to attend tomorrow for the tests as I am training with our trialling tutor in the morning and that lesson has been booked well in advance. But have to say i was very impressed with Denise Hubbard and it was nice to meet people from the forums I am on.

Offline riotous_uk

• Druidale GSDs and SWDs
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 07:08:23 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it John, it was great to meet you and Raven is just gorgeous.

Back to ther drawing board with my delinquent Spanish though :( At least his stays have improved.
Pauline
Member APDT 660
Pawsitively Dogs

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »
I'm really sorry we had to miss the training and test yesterday, Caoimhe's timing for her first season has been just impeccable ::) :005:  I hope everyone who is taking the test today has passed. We'll definitely make it to the next one once madam is a bit less desirable to the boys :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Caticus

• Site Member
  • Ash at 12 weeks
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 04:56:37 PM »
Hi John
As promised I am posting to let you know how my two "show strain cockers" got on. Ash already gained grade 1 in June with 96%, today he was a star at level 2 gaining 95% - all 5 marks were lost on his sit stay as he had a really fidget, sit/down/sit/break!!!!! Ash being a typical spaniel, but his retrieves were perfect with a 100% present and walk round the back of me to sit at my heel - I was so proud of him.
And then Forrest my 7 yr old show cocker who I got with real serious problems at 18months - severe seperation/no training at all/major chase issues with birds. He wouldn't pick up or hold a toy for years and gets quite stressy still. Anyway decided to do grade 1 with him. He was fantastic, perfect recall, sit/stay and his two retrieves were the best he has ever done,  and..................gain a mark of 100%!!! I was totally blown away by him and have to confess I had a tear in my eye when I was given his score.
Who says Show Strain Cockers can't work!!!!!! and they are never too old to start!
I would post a photo, but can't work out how to! Glad you enjoyed it, hope to see you at the next one - you too Mark
Lyn, Forrest and Ash

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 04:58:06 PM »
Wow thats amazing Caticus/Lyn! I bet you are bursting with pride  :D

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline JohnW

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 05:28:16 PM »
Hi Lyn,

I knew Ash would do well, it was a real treat for me to see a show cocker hunting and retreiving with such enthusiasm, Really over the moon for you in achieving your grade 2 with him, hopefully grade 3 wont be too far away. And yeh I will try my very best to get to the next class and enter my young lad into grade 1 and 2.  ;) He is flat out as we speak at my feet after retreiving Pheasants all morning  :D

Offline riotous_uk

• Druidale GSDs and SWDs
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »
Lynn did really well with her boys and I am very proud of both her and her boys. 10 dogs took the test today and all 10 passed with distinctions, an excellent start to running testing sessions at Leeming Bar. Now to start planning the next one and to hope that my SWD will get his act together for that one.
Pauline
Member APDT 660
Pawsitively Dogs

Offline nickycnc

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »
Well done Lyn & boys...I've told Darcy she can't use the 3/4 show 1/4 working excuse anymore... :shades:
Mum to 2 girls, Darcy & Charley

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 10:46:39 PM »
really pleased for you Lynn, some of us had to work. :'(
Would love you to meet Alfie, he puts my others in the shade when it comes to doing gun dog stuff.
Mark

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk