Author Topic: Midland Game and Country Fair - 15/16 September  (Read 12301 times)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Re: Midland Game and Country Fair - 15/16 September
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 02:02:31 PM »
Well see you all there then

Offline terwish

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2012, 02:12:17 PM »
I am working on the OH to take us to this one as Belvoir got cancelled - I have been stressing the Fishing & Shooting - rather than the dog accessories tho! LOL  And.... as it was my birthday yesterday and I ended up at Wembley for the England V Ukraine Football at Wembley - I figure he owes me!

Trouble is we are at the Goodwood Revival on Friday - so it will be an expensive weekend!

If we come we will probably bring the motorhome and the doglets - so I'll keep watching for meet-ups etc and give you all due warning if the 3 terrors are going to be attending!

Trish XxxX

Offline redlottie

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »
Sorry to be missing this event but I have the pleasure of running the Great North Run on Sunday instead.  Hope you all have a fab time and enjoy the scurries, my two love them

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 09:28:28 PM »
Hi sorry for the late reply this evening...

Just to confirm the suggested meet times and locations:

•  12.30 on the lawn area, outside the beer tent, by the house - on the main arena side of the house, with this many COLs and dogs we may spill over onto the dirve :005:
  •  3pm by the scurry area, which is in the top field by the Falconry [or it was last year!] which is by the entrance gate also about as far from the shopping as you can get ;)

Thanks SteveB for reminding me of the layout - too much red wine sampling for another thread on COL to blame ;)

I appreciate these are the times and locations I've put forward but I guess at somepoint [as SteveB has suggested] we should firm up arrangements so we all know where/when etc...I have tried to consider those travelling big distances to get here and anyone wanting to head off early!

The gates open at 8.30 am and close at 7pm - if anyone would like a later meet can I suggest the coffee area at the entrance gate, by the main arena, at 5pm, might be a good place for a last catch up before heading home :D

Hope everyone has safe journeys to the event - good luck if you are competing in the morning!

See you on Saturday,

Sorry to be missing this event but I have the pelasure of running the Great North Run on Sunday instead.  Hope you all have a fab time and enjoy the scurries, my two love them
 Hope your run goes well,

Jayne
x

Offline maddy74

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 10:45:36 PM »
We will deffo be there and be up for one or if not two of the meets  ;) Pearly are you going to both? Is it worth exchanging some phone numbers by PM?

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 10:57:27 PM »
We will deffo be there and be up for one or if not two of the meets  ;) Pearly are you going to both? Is it worth exchanging some phone numbers by PM?

Hi yes, planning to be at both but will have to leave before the 5pm meet as I'm driving to Devon the same day!  Will PM you with my contact details....

See you there!

Jayne
x

Offline maddy74

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 11:03:37 PM »
Thanks Jayne. When Ive got your number I will text you so you have my number too. Hope there is a good turn out. I will bring my camera  ;)

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »
Thanks Jayne. When Ive got your number I will text you so you have my number too. Hope there is a good turn out. I will bring my camera  ;)
And little willow I hope  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 11:10:46 PM »
oooh! I do hope so, Willow deserves such a big love  :bigarmhug:

Offline bobbylfc

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 01:48:59 PM »
Make sure you all watch the flyball demo! Ill be the one with the 2 black spaniels  :lol2: im sure they both will show me up  :005:
Natalie, Bobby & Tess

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 02:00:53 PM »
definitely! what time are you on - do you know yet?

how exciting :D

Offline bobbylfc

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 03:07:57 PM »
Not sure - its normally around 11 and then another at 3. Think were in the main arena  :D Just watch out for a mad spaniel (springer x cocker) doing zoomies round the arena and that will be mine  :embarassed: or the gorgeous black working cocker  :luv:
Natalie, Bobby & Tess

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »
oh no! we've arranged a "meet" at 3pm up by the scurries :doh:

Will watch at 11 though - good luck :D

Offline bobbylfc

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 04:37:46 PM »
Isn't the scurrys at the side of the main ring? Not been to this one before did the kelmarsh one though! I'm sure I'll be dragged round by mine all day with my flyball top on so say hello :)
Natalie, Bobby & Tess

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 05:02:31 PM »
There's a demo area to the side of the main arena - between the working dog pavillion and the beer tent ;) but in previous years the main scurry area for competition has been on the top field, past the main house and at the far side of the arena where they display falconry etc... there are usually 3-4 scurries [is that the right plural??] for the different classses as there are so many competitors!

'tis rather a big Game Fair, much bigger than Chatsworth or Tatton which are the only other two I've been too!

Will look out for you on Saturday,

J