Author Topic: Midland Game and Country Fair - 15/16 September  (Read 12284 times)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Re: Midland Game and Country Fair - 15/16 September
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »
Last year if I remember correctly (its an age thing) there were 7 scurries a working test and the Mitsubushi final. The Rockwood display team is also there which our friend is in with her Munsterlander. Andrea used to be part of the team with our GSD but Cockers have some how taken over all our time.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »
Last year if I remember correctly (its an age thing) there were 7 scurries a working test and the Mitsubushi final. The Rockwood display team is also there which our friend is in with her Munsterlander. Andrea used to be part of the team with our GSD but Cockers have some how taken over all our time.

I'm sure you are right - I started typing half a dozen but wasn't sure so played it safe ;)

so...."3pm by the scurry area" - any thoughts on a more precise location given the size of the area?

J

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
again with my memory it was a long corridor as the scurries were either side and a car park at the bottom of it. The Mitsubushi was being held in an arena in the middle of the dog village alongside a food area. The corridor is only narrow so we will no doubt see each other there. It will be easy to find me I will be the one holding either Tia doing a kangaroo impression or Lulu going demented every time the launcher goes off. Dont know what it is with our two soon as they see and hear scurries they change from calm obedient butter would not melt in their mouths to demented fools

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
Steve, thank you so much!  I've been happily directing everyone to the top field by the Falconry.....Oops! that would be from 3 years ago then ph34r

Good place to meet for 3pm is by the scurries.....guess we'll spot a lot of cockers starting to gather :005:

Offline maddy74

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »
Yes Wilsy woo is coming too ;) She would love cuddles from fellow col'er  :005:

Thanks for the PM Pearly. We will deffo be at the 12.30 meet and will let you know from there. Are most people meeting at that slot, we dont want to miss any of you?

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »
will put in an appearance at 12.30 if okay. will be without gemma though as she has the " frilly splots"  ( in season)
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Smokey 1

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 09:15:06 PM »
I will be heading down on Saturday with Sydney and Muswell, looking for a new to me (2nd hand) under and over. Think I will take them round one at a time as the two together will be mental if Syd's first outing on the lead is anything to go by.

Smokey
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
I will be heading down on Saturday with Sydney and Muswell, looking for a new to me (2nd hand) under and over. Think I will take them round one at a time as the two together will be mental if Syd's first outing on the lead is anything to go by.

Smokey
Dont be a coward and join my gang  :lol:

Offline Smokey 1

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2012, 10:36:16 PM »

Smokey
Dont be a coward and join my gang  :lol:

I will keep an eye out for you Steve, will you be the one in a twist with two cockers most of the day  :005:

Smokey
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2012, 10:40:06 PM »
Oh smokey will you be joining us at the 12.30 meet up? Really trying to talk my OH into getting another doggy and a choccie boy would be my first choice, you being there with Sydney might just swing it for me  ;)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 11:12:07 PM »
This just gets better & better  :happydance:

will be cockerless here, so absolutely imperative we seek out you COLers with ur fur babies in tow - I'll be feeling withdrawal symptoms  by lunch time & might need a snuggle or two from your cockers  :005:  :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 11:20:43 PM »
Beer tent at lunchtime for cocker cuddles - sounds like a perfect plan! 
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
Beer tent at lunchtime for cocker cuddles - sounds like a perfect plan!  

:D  

The thread was started with purely selfish thought in mind - that it would be great to meet some of the "names" on here and your dogs......I have a lot of thank you's to say....plus could really do with some Muswell magic rubbing off on Pearly......I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!  

What I'm really trying to say is that I didn't expect the size of the response to my first note but I'm thrilled so many people are coming to the Game Fair!

See you there!

Safe journeys,

Jx

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »
Thought I'd better pop along this evening and check the layout really is as SteveB remembers [rather than my memory ;)] and it is.....but it's hoooge!  Far bigger than last year - the gates are normally half a field from the main car park, this evening they are right on the edge!!

And yes, the scurry area is directly behind the entrance gate - suggest the meet takes place more towards the top end of the scurries at the point it becomes the main arena area as the corridor may be a little narrow! [3pm]

Weather forecast looks good, so far, mostly sunny high 18' low 11' :D

The really important information is that the beer tent [one of many I'm told] is by the House :shades:

Big thanks to "Jimbo the Security" for letting me in to check....

Offline maddy74

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 07:09:06 PM »
We are really excited, and Willow will give cocker cuddles and sloppy wet cocker kisses to anyone willing to take um....  :005: :005: