Author Topic: Any advice?  (Read 3529 times)

Offline LinziS

• Erin
Any advice?
« on: December 03, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »
Its that time of year again when the girls insurance is up for renewal.
Tilly cost much the same but Erins has jumped quite a bit...she is now 7 so expect that to happen,
I am currently with argos but have just got a quote from Axa....Argos wants £39...Axa are quoting £19 for Erin
                                                                                      Argos wants £15...Axa quote £10 for Tilly......Both are for 7000 per year.
I have never had to claim for either of them so wondering what peoples thoughts are on Axa insurance...it seems to be a fab price but wondering how good they are at paying out if required as do not want any hassle if I ever need to.

Thanks in advance of any advice
Linzi

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
Re: Any advice?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »
That sounds very cheap! I pay over £17 each for my two younger dogs, but we are on the premium Sainsbury package. I know some who pay a lot more. Saisbury have been good on paying out for us when our old girl Fudge was ill

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »
That sounds very cheap! I pay over £17 each for my two younger dogs, but we are on the premium Sainsbury package. I know some who pay a lot more. Saisbury have been good on paying out for us when our old girl Fudge was ill

Ditto here, all with Sainsburys, and the house and car

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »
Thanks for the help.....I am still undecided as where to go.
It is a minefield out there with insurance and it is difficult when I have nothing to compare it too as never really had a claim (apart from a small one when erin needed 2 teeth removed following an accident).
I keep thinking for the price axa quoting there must be a catch but at the same time cannot understand why argos have nearly doulbled her renewal cost.
Will go and check out Sainsbury.
Thanks again

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:31:04 PM »
I pay nearly £110 for my two dogs (Sainsbury's) each month.  They doubled Ollie's premiums this year to £68 per month ( and he's younger than Emily. Explanation was 'because I'd claimed over £1000 in the last 3 years'. Emily is just over £40 - no claims. Whole pet insurance industry is rip off I reckon. In their defence, they do usually pay out promptly (although Ollie's just had an MRI and I am concerned they may not this time). If they do pay I expect my premiums to rocket again next year. Good luck with your search. You'll be fine probably, until you have to claim.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »
Just done an online quote for Sainsbury for Erin and they want £32 per month and 10% of  vet costs >:D...don't think I will be going with them.
I am trying to research anything about AXA as they seem to offer what I am looking for ie £7000 per year and not time limited treatment.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:35:50 PM »
Archie's Argos premium jumped up from £18 to £27 per month. Axa quoted £11 for the same cover. I switched

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 08:43:26 PM »
Archie's Argos premium jumped up from £18 to £27 per month. Axa quoted £11 for the same cover. I switched

Thankyou Archie bean...think that may be the way too go for me as well....Yip Argos jumped from approx £22 to just over £38 and when I queried it they suggested that it was because cockers are very costly lol...they did offer to take £10 off per year for Erin and £5 off per year for Tilly..not exactly generous.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »
I actually felt quite guilty because Archie's castration complications cost Argos over £500. They were so nice on the phone when I rang to cancel that I almost changed my mind.  :shades:

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:17:47 PM »
I actually felt quite guilty because Archie's castration complications cost Argos over £500. They were so nice on the phone when I rang to cancel that I almost changed my mind.  :shades:

It is funny but thats how I feel when I have to cancel or not take out something...especially when they are trying to be helpful and nice  :005: but in the current financial climate  I have to go where the best deals are ...but not at the detriment to the pooches....I would never cut back on what cover they need or should have to keep them healthy.
My mind is all over the place with researching insurers...think I may leave it until tomorrow and then bite the bullet but Axa looks like what I will go with .

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »
I went with Axa - was the best value for what it covered for me (and that's a whopping £27 per month in London with no prior issues). Haven't had to claim yet - no-one covers normal castration.

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »
Just done an online quote for Sainsbury for Erin and they want £32 per month and 10% of  vet costs >:D...don't think I will be going with them.
I am trying to research anything about AXA as they seem to offer what I am looking for ie £7000 per year and not time limited treatment.

I have today removed Inky from Sainsbury's. No health issues, 4 years old and they wanted a few pence short of £60 per month..... I'll look at Axa perhaps. Got a quote of £30 odd from Direct line.

Tesco are charging me £51 per month for the other 2 - Bonnie is 10-12 and Martha is 3, but want £33 a month for him. Are boys usually more expensive?
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 10:58:29 PM »
Entire dogs are usually more expensive - it's because they fight you know  ph34r well that's what I was told a few years back - obviously I'm in the vets every week as Jarvis constantly fights and gets injured  :lol2: (not once in 7 years  >:( )
helen & jarvis x

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »
Entire dogs are usually more expensive - it's because they fight you know  ph34r well that's what I was told a few years back - obviously I'm in the vets every week as Jarvis constantly fights and gets injured  :lol2: (not once in 7 years  >:( )

Wait, didn't the EU just make it illegal to discriminate between the sexes where insurance is concerned? Surely that counts for dogs too, not just teenage drivers?  ;)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 11:27:56 PM »

Wait, didn't the EU just make it illegal to discriminate between the sexes where insurance is concerned? Surely that counts for dogs too, not just teenage drivers?  ;)

:lol2:  I wish  :shades: 
helen & jarvis x