Author Topic: Any advice?  (Read 3528 times)

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
Re: Any advice?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 11:41:39 PM »
Entire dogs are usually more expensive - it's because they fight you know  ph34r well that's what I was told a few years back - obviously I'm in the vets every week as Jarvis constantly fights and gets injured  :lol2: (not once in 7 years  >:( )

I always thought that too, but since being with Axa Roly has been slightly cheaper than Misha - a whole 4p  :lol2: maybe its because he's 6 months younger.

Its our 2nd year with them and each of the renewals is about £2 more than last year, so we'll probably stay with them.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 12:20:02 AM »
I have also switched to Axa.  Was with P@H for Jazz and was due renewal plus new policy for Bailey and was quoted on total almost £750 for the year for both having made no claims :shades: :shades:

Have the £7000 lifetime cover with Axa for just over £400 for the year
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 08:54:36 AM »
Entire dogs are usually more expensive - it's because they fight you know  ph34r well that's what I was told a few years back - obviously I'm in the vets every week as Jarvis constantly fights and gets injured  :lol2: (not once in 7 years  >:( )

Wait, didn't the EU just make it illegal to discriminate between the sexes where insurance is concerned? Surely that counts for dogs too, not just teenage drivers?  ;)

Good excuse to put up the insurance price for girls you mean - the discrimination didn't reduce boys insurance, it increased the girls so be careful what we wish for!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 08:58:54 AM »
We are with Sainsbury's for all our three, although the cover is actually with AXA, I pay between £16.50 and £17 for each of them and Dennis is most expensive because he is a male puppy.

Offline foosyerdoos

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 07:50:12 PM »
Insurance renewal just in for Bailey, up to £9.81 from £8.92 per month - Guess we're staying with AXA then  ;)
(£7000 per year vet fee's & £100 excess)

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 07:36:01 PM »
Petplan is costing me £45/month for a 3 yr old and a 7 yr old, no claims, £7000 lifetime coverage, £75 excess.