Author Topic: Anybody know of pet-insurance.co.uk  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Selwoc

• Donator
Anybody know of pet-insurance.co.uk
« on: November 17, 2008, 06:21:17 PM »
I have been searching on-line for a For Life insurance for Lizzy and have been surprised by how much policies differ from company to company. I have picked up here that a lot of owners favour Healthy Pets, or Pet Plan. We seem to live in an expensive area as the premiums for these two companies are quite a bit higher than others have been quoting.

I have found, what appears to be a good For Life cover with Pet-Insurance.co.uk http://www.pet-insurance.co.uk/ which is only just over £12 per month. I haven't found any reviews for this company, has anybody heard of them, or used them.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Anybody know of pet-insurance.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 06:25:09 PM »
They're underwritten by E & L who perhaps don't have the best reputation when it comes to paying out claims (a Google search will bring up quite a few bad reviews)
Jane

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:24:19 AM »
I have just insured Molly with Pet Plan. I did this on the strong advice of a friend who deals with claims on behalf of her vet surgery. They pay out the best and for the longest time. She told me to make sure to take a 'whole of life' policy which I did. It's quite a lot of money but worth it in the long run I guess :huh:

I can't think of a better person to listen to tho!
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline annG

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 12:41:49 AM »
Had marks/Spencer.      the payed out O.K. but on the standard would only pay a 1,000 and  believe that well burn up very  quickly in urgent emergency. >:D
:)
JAFFA!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 12:50:49 AM »
I have just insured Molly with Pet Plan. I did this on the strong advice of a friend who deals with claims on behalf of her vet surgery. They pay out the best and for the longest time. She told me to make sure to take a 'whole of life' policy which I did. It's quite a lot of money but worth it in the long run I guess :huh:

I can't think of a better person to listen to tho!

Both vet practices I go to (one my normal vet and another the referral vet for Wilf) get paid directly from petplan which makes my life a lot easier as I often don't have to put the money upfront either and they don't do that for many insurance companies (I've now got 7 policies with them!)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Selwoc

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 10:10:07 AM »
They're underwritten by E & L who perhaps don't have the best reputation when it comes to paying out claims (a Google search will bring up quite a few bad reviews)

Thanks Jane, that's just the sort of thing I was worried about. E & L seem to have the worst of all the reviews I have seen, I think I would be wise to give pet-insurance.co.uk a wide birth.

Offline kayj

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »
I have all my five dogs insured with Petplan and they are really good when it comes to claims as my Black Cocker Gypsy is on monthly meds and there is never a problem when I submit the claim.