Author Topic: Insurance....help!  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
Re: Insurance....help!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »
The problem with insurance (animal or human) is that switching once you have made any claims is impossible, the new plan will exclude anything you have claimed for in the past or charge a fortune to cover the condition. I had this with my own medical insurance when I was made redundant and left the company scheme no other insurer would take me on and my existing insurer has excluded my back for 2 years (so I am having to pay for all treatment myself and not declare it  ph34r so that I have 2 years clear  ;) ).

Unfortunately, you can't do this with pet insurance; pre-existing conditions are those which have been diagnosed/treated, not just those which have been claimed for, so even of you pay for treatment yourself, you have to declare it when you seek a new insurance pet policy  :-\

Thanks for the clarification Cob-Web you are spot on, I used the wrong word! Should have said diagnosed rather than claim.
 In terms of my human insurance I have been able to continue treatment with the osteo without another referral from GP and as it is a private osteo it doesn't show up on any official systems. However with a doglet this isn't the case as you always go to the vet.
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Freddies_mum

Re: Insurance....help!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 07:48:38 PM »
I've just insured my pup with More Than - costing just £8.50 a month.  It might be cheaper because he's a cross breed, not sure?  I paid more for him than most pedigrees to start with tho!!