Author Topic: Annual limits or condition limits? And would anyone like a spreadsheet?  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Laralou

• Beautiful Bella
Re: Annual limits or condition limits? And would anyone like a spreadsheet?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »
Hi, Im in the same position as all of you , my first 4 weeks free petplan insurance is due to expire and my head is swimming with all the different conotations (sp?) with pet insurance ! Im tempted to go with the platinum policy that Argos offer with £60.00 excess and £7000 ongoing unlimited per condition for £11.82 a month.  Anyone any thoughts ?? knowing me Ive probably misinterpreted the quality of the cover but it does seem very reasonable ... ?!
Lara x
x from the moment I saw her I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love x

Offline Traceysjasper

• My fluffy bear!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 10:30:25 AM »
Im looking at mine as not happy with Tesco. I too have been trawling through them all and found www.pet-insurance.co.uk. I would like someone who knows what their doing to look at it to see if I am right though. They give £4000 lifetime cover for £11.47 per month with £80 excess. On reading policy, it says it renews every 28 days and the £4k renews every 28 days too unless I am reading it wrong. But it definately says life time cover so does this mean for the dogs life if I continue to pay premiums monthly. But what happens if you have something serious which is a lifetime condition, can they just wack your premiums up so you cant afford to keep insuring with them?. Dont know if there is anything legal in there so they cant do that?. I think this is a good policy if I am reading it correctly. Might give them a call and go through it with a human so I get it right!!!

Offline Traceysjasper

• My fluffy bear!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 10:58:34 AM »
Update - I have just phoned pet-insurance and they have confirmed on their lifetime cover, the £4000 limit is per MONTH for life if you renew with them each year. Is it me or is this a brilliant level of cover?. Something drastic must have to happen for you to have to claim more than this in a year let a month surely. Can someone else look at it to make sure im not missing something. For Jasper this is only £11.47 pm with £80 excess on vet fees.

Quote:
Cover Level Questions
What is Lifetime cover?
Just like humans, dogs and cats can develop long term or recurring illnesses such as diabetes or arthritis. Illnesses such as these require regular and long term treatment by the vet and in some cases for the rest of the pet's life.

Lifetime cover provides ongoing protection for pets and is ideal for pet owners concerned about their dog or cat developing a long term, chronic or recurring illness.

Once insured a pet will continue to be covered for rest of its life as long as the policy is renewed each year and the appropriate premium is received.

Our lifetime cover policy is our most popular policy and provides essential vets fee cover up to £4000 for each condition each month.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 11:12:20 AM »
I think £4000 per month doesn't sound right - £48000 per year cover all for that small amount.

Heres another topic on them and I'd google to find out reviews - it doesn't add up to me.   :-\

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=7295.0

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 11:30:35 AM »
M&S have had sharp increases but in the last 2 years they have been pennies so that information is incorrect now.  Whilst expensive I still think they give a very comprehensive cover and I have always received good service from them.

Traceysjaspers - I think that is incorrect - and if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.
helen & jarvis x

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 11:36:42 AM »
Not sure what it says on the spreadsheet but would be interested in a copy, I am with Halifax, the excess has shot up from £50 to £80 and the monthly premiums gone up by £10 per month this year - shocking  :o

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 11:39:13 AM »
If you look back at the increases over the years it's always the ones that start off very cheaply to get you hooked in that almost double at renewal  ;)  M&S did that for a couple of years and seem to have balanced out now -  last year Jarv's M&S one went up 57p per month which is bearable :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 11:41:27 AM »
Yes, Halifax started off at £15 or £16 per month for lifetime cover - £6k per year which was loads cheaper than pet plan - not sure theres any difference now.    Tempted to go online and do a quote with them for a new puppy to see what they charge  :shades:

Offline Traceysjasper

• My fluffy bear!
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 12:08:52 PM »
I have double checked and yes what is written is correct. How do you find out if there are things you cant claim for if there are any exclusions as you cant read the whole policy document online I dont think?

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 12:15:12 PM »
if you have the time i would like to see it
Thank you

Offline Lucianne

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »
It certainly does look like the pet-insurance one has a monthly limit of £4000 - seems too good to be true! I wish I'd found this before I went with Crufts!  ph34r

Anyone who'd like the spreadsheet - pm me with your email address. Pet-insurance isn't on it, by the way  >:(

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »
I would like a copy of the spreadsheet and will pm you with my email

Just wanted to add - i have a per condition policy with Lucy, i took an imaginary condition costing say 2000 per year to treat and looked at the total cost over the dogs life then compared how much it would cost me with each provider - things to look out for are excesses that are reapplied each year for continuing conditions and policies that charge a percentage of the bill as well as the excess - do the calculation and you will be surprised at how much you have to payout for each condition with a lifetime policy.

That said Lucy's is due in a few months so i will be doing it all over again and may find i have changed my mind!

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline Mrs T

• Donator
  • Harry 30/6/94-11/1/10
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 07:34:42 PM »
This the link to the pet-insurance lifetime cover page:

http://www.pet-insurance.co.uk/level-of-cover/lifetime/

It says £4000 per policy period which is 12 months.

When I took Phoebe on, I read all the information on COL and went with Healthy Pets which is lifetime cover @ £5000 per year provided all premiums  are paid.   As others who use them have said, they are pretty efficient with the payment of claims and the other thing I like is that you can contact them by phone and speak to very helpful staff.   Also, my premium went down this year because they switched underwriters to AmTrust - I pay £10.44 per month for Gold cover.

Phoebe went to the Bridge on 25/11/2012   :luv: