Author Topic: Another Insurance One!  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Another Insurance One!
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:23:38 PM »
I've just gone online to obtain a Halifax quote, Indie is with them pay £21 a month for her, Quinn's quote is £25.44 and the new detail I've seen is that when your dog reaches 6 you also have to pay 20% of the vets bill  :o    This must be a new addition because it was never there I got Indie's insurance nearly 3 years ago so guessing in another 3 years I'll have to pay 20% of the vets bills for her.    Is this the norm for all insurance companies now?  :-\

So, I went on Petplan for a quote for Quinn and for the £4000 lifetime cover it is £25.26, I was quite tempted to go with them seeing as they pay up for vets bills even though they are usually higher priced (£35.24 for £12,000 cover), however one of their conditions is that you must pay and have an annual dental examination by your vet, my second question is for those with Petplan, how much does your vet charge for this annual exam?

Any other recommendations for insurance glady appreciated for lifetime cover.     I hate insurance  :005:

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
Re: Another Insurance One!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 08:15:44 PM »
I would check out axa and sainsburys  ;)

Offline Selwoc

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 08:26:53 PM »
I looked at both Sainsbury's and Axa. I decided on Axa in the end because the Sainsbury's one didn't make it clear if it was a for like cover.

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »
I just changed Poppy's insurance and, after numbing my brain reading all the small print  >:( of the various policies/companies, decided to go with Direct Line based on the lifetime cover benefits and excess.  From memory it's costing about £20 ish per month. Only time will tell if it was the right decision  ::)
I hate insurance too  :005:
Janet & Poppy

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 08:47:27 PM »
I've been with NFU for just over 6 years, since William was a puppy. I added Louis to the insurance last year. They're both covered for up to £4,000 vet's bills per condition per year and have lifetime cover, so William's ongoing treatment and medication for Dry Eye is covered for life and all I pay is £50 excess on the first claim I put in for Dry Eye each year.

I claimed just over £2,000 on William when he had his MRI Scan etc. in 2009 and about £400 this year for his eye condition. So he doesn't have any no claims bonus (Louis has a 15% discount for his 1 year no claim bonus) but his premium hasn't gone up a huge amount despite being 6 years old, having large claims in the last 2 years and having ongoing health problems.

I pay in one go for both dogs, but if I was paying monthly it would be about £21 per month for William and £17 per month for Louis.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »
Thanks, have applied to Axa online and the quote was £16.00, however I cannot find their full policy anywhere, they seem to only provide a summary.   I've even googled the full policy to no avail - seems strange that I cannot see theres but can other insurers policies - maybe I just have a suspicious mind  :lol2:

Will google the others, I don't think I'll bother answering the phone on Monday at this rate  :lol:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
All mine now with Sainsburys, so is the car  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 09:35:16 PM »
Hi jeanette

We have just insured Lacey with Buddies we pay £15 a month that does include discount with my others though. We have been with them years with no problems on claims. We have claimed a fair bit too as Bailey as lipfold and HD problems.
good luck in your search it varies so much  :-\
hope little Quinn has settled in well with Indie  :luv:
Jo

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 07:58:42 AM »
i found sainsburys who are underwritten by AXA the best deal at the moment but i havent claimed from them yet and hope fully wont have to
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 08:36:28 AM »
My two girls are also with Sainsburys,  they are on option 2 and it costs me just under £25 a month for both of them.
I haven't needed to claim but my friend who has a 10 month old GSD cross has and says they are excellent and she gets her money promptly.  :D
I have tried to add a link for you but if it doesn't work, go to the Sainsburys Pet Insurance site and they give you a complete run down of what their policy does.
http://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/insuring/ins_petinsurance_pet_skip.shtml?source=NETGOOGLPETIEM010001
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
I recently changed both of my girls to Sainsburys. Just over £300 for the both of them  :D

Offline seaangler

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 09:22:45 AM »
Elaine.e (I pay in one go for both dogs, but if I was paying monthly it would be about £21 per month for William and £17 per month for Louis.)

Thats how much i pay for Cindy 21 P.P.M and 17 P.P.M for peggy..Thats with More than...But as Cindy is almost ten years old there is a excess to pay..If i had my way i would have every thing change over to the N.F.U but seeing i have claims with more than in the past and they have been very good to me in the past i have staid loyal to them....

AXA ..Are part of the sun-life group....

We have all are Horse carriages and horses insured with The N.F.U (farmers Union)They have never let us down and very quick to pay out even when my sister went through the back of a 4x4...

We always pay monthly (just in case any insurance company folds up)And cancel the direct debit straight away!!..So not losing out on a years paid up premium....

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 11:31:49 AM »
however one of their conditions is that you must pay and have an annual dental examination by your vet, my second question is for those with Petplan, how much does your vet charge for this annual exam?
I remember reading this & so asked the vet & as they look at their teeth annually when they have their boosters/annual check they said this covers it  ;)
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »
however one of their conditions is that you must pay and have an annual dental examination by your vet, my second question is for those with Petplan, how much does your vet charge for this annual exam?
I remember reading this & so asked the vet & as they look at their teeth annually when they have their boosters/annual check they said this covers it  ;)

Hi

Diesel & Olli are with petplan, my vet examines teeth during annual check when they get their boosters and this does cover

:luv: :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 09:23:41 PM »

Hi

Diesel & Olli are with petplan, my vet examines teeth during annual check when they get their boosters and this does cover

:luv: :luv:

Thank you for posting, I completely forgot about the insurance  :doh: :doh:   Only got one week left of the Pet Plan free cover so better decide.