Author Topic: Changing insurance companys questions  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Re: Changing insurance companys questions
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 09:04:42 AM »
After what has happened with Lloyds/Halifax, I'd think long and hard about changing from Petplan if I was you.     Are you paying for the £12,000 per year per life expensive policy, if so you could always drop down to the lower priced ones which are still good cover from a Company who is likely to pay out and not quibble.

Quinn is on the £4,000 per year per life.    Just had a quote for Indie for the £4,000 per year per life as I want life time cover just incase any health issues crop up, however its only £1.50 per month extra for us to go upto £7,000 per year per life - Pet Plan is actually cheaper than her Halifax Insurance as even though originally the quote from Halifax was cheap (to get the business no doubt), her insurance has gone up by a lot every year _ I believe a lot of insurance companies do this in the hope that once you are with them and have pre-existing conditions you are less likely to move and so therefore will pay their huge increases.   

The £12,000 lifetime cover quote for Indie is £35.00 so even though very good cover, it ends up too expensive when we have two dogs here.   

Anyway, the point was after waffling, have you tried to get a cheaper price from Petplan - their cover for the lower annual amounts is still far better than some cheaper companies elsewhere.