Author Topic: Animal Friends and my ongoing saga  (Read 1709 times)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Animal Friends and my ongoing saga
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »
As some of you might be aware I have had a few issues with them losing/not receiving claim forms on my last two claims. Which have taken weeks to sort out at a cost to ourselves.
Latest news Jazz are GSD managed to poke something in her eye and ended up with a bad case of Conjunctivitis. Off to the vets we troop £148 bill  and a return needed. Week later back we go and another £25.53 leaves my bank account. Vets duly fill in the insurance form and instead of posting it on our behalf we picked it up and sent it registered mail at a cost of £5.42. Week later back comes the form to say even though I had signed it Andrea had put the initial A in front of the name of the claimant instead of an S. So crossed out the A and wrote in S and sent it again registered mail at another £5.42. We then get a letter from them asking for Jazz's medical history from 2002 to 2008 as we had moved and now had new vets. The old vets were good as gold and sent us the information. Animal Friends said we could fax this information which we did and ad a receipt to say it had gone. Phoned a couple of days later to be told no they have not received it. Faxed it again and guess what they had not received it. So we then faxed it three times and success they got it.
Anyway at the end of February the policy was due for renewal so as we had the outstanding claim we renewed Jazz's.
Just rang them to be told we being payed the balance of original bill less our excess but they will not be paying the lesser amount as it falls into the new insurance year and it is below the excess. I have now just given up the will to live and will be cancelling as soon as I get the cheque.

Offline SJP

• Site Member
Re: Animal Friends and my ongoing saga
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »
Honestly its unbelievable how these insurance companies treat people isn't it?
Had an experience with More Than and would never ever use them again.  I rang them 3 separate occasions to check that Lola was covered for an anal gland operation and 3 times I was told YES she was covered as I had the all singing all dancing policy.
Then found out that I could claim for all visits to have said glands emptied,  so gaily trooped off to vets with claim form.  Yes, they would fill in and post to More Than.  Couple weeks later got a letter from More Than to say she wasn't covered because she first had them emptied on day 27 of the 28 day exclusion zone.  Although they had now changed it to a 14 day exclusion zone. 
Can you imagine....she could have had the op and I would have been £800 out of pocket.

They make my blood boil.....sorry to hijack your thread.
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:51 PM »
Hi Steve, I have cancelled my policies with Animal Friends, I was so disgusted with how they handled my claim for Max when he was poorly.  It was an uphill battle, and by the time they deducted for this and that it was barely worthwhile.  The only time they did what they were asked to do with any efficency was when I contacted them to say that we had lost Max.  This is a changed company from when I first took out my policies with them.  It's such a shame, as I really appreciate their ethics, but you also need to get what you pay for.

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »
Surely though Steve its part of the same treatment ?!?!  Not come across this company before but they sound a nightmare.  As with some other Insurers I suspect that their fax machine is positioned over a bin !